“Not Just Sushi”

Sakana Sushi
Ranked #492 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I love this place because if I am not in the mood for sushi there is always something else delicious to enjoy. Check the specials board for inventive appetizers and fresh fish specials.
Nicely lit and cozy. Great for a first date!

1  Thank LauraSVirginia_USA

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was very excited to try Sakana after hearing several excellent reviews, even from some local radio personalities. It took about 10 minutes before anyone asked us for a drink selection, which did not start things off so well. Once server even walked by and looked at us at least 3 times and never once made an attempt to see if we had been taken care of yet They weren't even very busy as it was only 6PM. The ambiance was also very mediocre. Our server was very rushed and tried to be funny but it was not very genuine. However, once the food and drinks did arrive, things got better very quick. The Ginger Lemongrass drink was very refreshing and tasty, as was the fresh grouper ceviche appetizer. I also tried the tuna sashimi that was as fresh as I've ever had. I will definitley return as the food was really good, i just hope things start off better by the staff being more attentive from the beginning.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I like maki rolls the best and yup, SAKANA has killa good rolls. I will be going back. OK THE saki was nice too

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great sushi and no fish dishes for that one that’s always in the crowd. =) Seriously, you can’t go wrong here. This is an owner operated restaurant with a chef that is out of this world. He comes up with some very tasty dishes. Come with an open mind and look at the special board.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Nice atmosphere - young beautiful friends, couples smiling and sharing sushi with chopsticks in their hands. Friendly server's suggestion - Red Dragon roll was excellent. I'd definitely go back!

Been to Sakana Sushi? Share your experiences!