“Did I stay at the same hotel ?”

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
Ranked #69 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 31, 2007

I am glad I did not read the reviews here first. I had a wonderfull time at this property. It is an older property that has been kept in good shape.

You should request a river view room. They seem to have the most balconies. Great sun and breezes. The city view rooms seem to be sealed boxes w/no balconies.

Food was good. Valet was fast and used customer names. Late night front desk person was kindof dry but daily people were helpfull.

I would return here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed March 25, 2007

This weekend was a tragedy. After an exhausting week due to my dad's funeral, I wanted to go away and not think about anything. We checked in friday night around 9pm. I asked the front desk clerk, her name was Stephanie, about possibly getting a room with a queen bed instead of the double beds we were assigned, she said that the hotel does not have Queen beds, but King or double beds.Without looking in the computer or any reference about the room availability she quickly told us that there were none available. Fine. Whatever. We needed to get some sleep. I am not even going to tell you how hideous the hotel looked, i have seen better even at other lower end hotels. We settled into the room and went to sleep. Around 2AM we were disturbed by people yelling, running in the hall and loud slamming doors. Then someone either fell against our door or was attempting to open it. We called front desk immediately telling them about the noise. It wasn't until the 3rd time we called that security was sent up to our floor. The security guy knocked on the door next to us and told the people something. After that the noise persisted. We called front desk and demanded to be moved to another room. We waited for 30 minutes and then we went down to lobby to ask about when they were planning to move us. It was ridiculous that we had to go downstairs to key the other room key. The manager , his name was Bryan, asked us what the problem was. We told them it started with the noise. He inarticulately told us that the hotel is in a location were there is alot of traffic because it is located downtown and that there were different events happening and that he needs to accomodate all of them. So i asked him, " I just came from a funeral,is that a good enough event for you?" He did not have much to say after that. The second room that they placed us in had a faulty air conditioning vent that was flapping with noise as the air conditioner was on. The third room smelled like cigarettes and the fourth room had an odor so foul that you can smell it as the doorway. I told Stephanie to smell the room and she deny that it smelled. So at that moment it was nearing almost 4AM. I told Stephanie that I really need to get some rest, I just went through a whole week without any proper rest because of my dad's funeral. She then with an attitude acted like it was such a burden told us that she will get us another room and asked if a king size bed would be ok. What? I thought she told me that there were none when we checked in?? So she put us up on the top floor where it was suppose to the executive suite. The room was mediocre and was not so different from the other rooms, except it had the river view. After all that fuss I really could care less what the view was. This is the kind of hotel that makes you want to go home. Stay anywhere else but here!

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank sicily24
Reviewed March 22, 2007

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed March 16, 2007

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank giglyn
Reviewed February 27, 2007

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Molly1971
Reviewed February 26, 2007

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank aviators99