Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
Marriott Hotels
$178
$136
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
Hyatt.com
$85
$72
1,317 results
All reviewsriver viewashley streethillsborough riverthe club loungeconvention centerfree shuttlewithin a mile radiusybor cityshuttle servicehotel restaurantthe entire staffnice poolhousekeeping staffamalie arenavaletriverviewmarcus
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have never previously submitted a review. However, this hotel needs some serious attention paid to their restaurant, bar, room service areas.
Last night I waited for 15 minutes to be seated, I finally asked a server if I should seat myself. She told me not usually, but go ahead. I sat down at a dirty table and waited another 15 minutes for a server. The woman at the table adjacent to mine said she waited 25 minutes for her drink. I gave up and went to my room and ordered a pizza delivered from a nearby restaurant.
Tonight I decided to try room service. I placed my order, and the woman told me they no longer offered my selection. She said they had changed menus a few weeks ago. Since I didn't have the correct menu, I asked for a menu and a glass of wine to be delivers to my room. 40 minutes later, I called downstairs to inquire about receiving the menu. I was told they would send one up right away. I'm still waiting.
With so many quality hotels to choose from, I cannot recommend staying here.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Ignacio H, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Greetings Sue G.,
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for your recent visit. We're extremely disappointed to hear about your negative experience in our restaurant and in room dining. We sincerely apologize for this negative experience. Our restaurant was recently redesigned and reconcepted and we are still ironing out a few kinks in the operation, but what you described is inexcusable. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we may correct the experience for future guests.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel from Thursday to Sunday. And it was nice. We really enjoyed the bar/lounge area.
We were in 551 originally and they are doing construction on that side, so we asked for a room on the other end of the hotel and they obliged. It was much quieter.
I would suggest requesting to be away from the construction if you would like to sleep in.
There is only Valet parking at the hotel. I believe it was $18 for overnight parking. But everyone was very nice and courteous.

Room Tip: If you have a room on the side with the view of the city, ask to be away from the construction.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Greetings keokee98,
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for your recent visit to Tampa. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the newly redesigned lounge in our Rivers Edge restaurant and that you found each of our associates to be friendly and courteous. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced from the construction taking place at the project under construction immediately North of us. Regrettably this is out of our control as this project is not affiliated with our hotel. We understand however that the construction should be completed by this summer. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest really soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Fist of all let me start by saying that everyone that I spoke to at the hotel were friendly and helpful. I feel that the staff in this hotel are by far its biggest asset.

Our room was clean, and there were no real issues with it other than the toilet making weird noises all night long. The overall condition of the room was acceptable. However, you can tell that the building is aged and there are quite a few little things that need attention. The plumbing in our room was terrible and water would not drain from the sink. The drain in the shower was also very slow. It's just minor little things that really don't impact a guest too much. However, when you pay almost $200 a night you don't expect to see rusty screws and plumbing issues.

Room Tip: If a view is important then I would certainly make sure you get a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Hello Matt O.,
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for your recent visit to Tampa. We appreciate your feedback and glad that you feel our associates are our biggest asset. We strive to attract and retain the best possible talent and are delighted you felt that everyone you encountered was friendly and helpful. We apologize for the minor inconveniences you experienced with respect to the plumbing in our hotel and disappointed that it impacted your overall experience. We are working on updating the plumbing in each of our guest rooms by providing new hardware and fixtures to help eliminate some of these concerns. Thank you for your review. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back as our guest soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I stay at the hotel frequently on my business trip. I must say, this is a first class run hotel. Rooms are recently upgraded. It's great location for going to the shops and restaurants in downtown Tampa.
The entire facility is very clean, pool area is very nice, fancy banquet area, and updated bar lounge. Every employee I have met with was great and has a 'can do attitude'. Not a single employee ever walked by by without asking if I needed anything. It shows even more they appreciate their guests.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hello Ashlady86,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking a moment to tell us about your recent stay. We're delighted to hear that you found our new look and feel to your satisfaction. We're proud to hear that each associate you encountered delivered a can do attitude and was there to serve you. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We recently visited this hotel for a weekend getaway.
The hotel was nicely done with all new furnishings. The riverside view was beautiful though they are currently constructing a dock on the river. The river had sculling crews from local teams constantly practicing, which were fun to watch along with numerous large and small boats motoring up and down the river, especially near sunset.
The bar was nicely done and bartenders and staff were very friendly although they had to deal with some unruly drunk guest from a wedding one night. Unfortunately they had a party in the room next to ours which kept us up until 5am. Still, not really the hotels fault, however I wish they had put them all on one floor and in a corner so not to bother the rest of us guest. I mentioned it on check out at the front and all I got was an, I’m sorry and offered extra reward points.
Next time, if there is one, I will ask if there are any revelers next door prior to booking.
Also one order of note was, we stayed up in room 451 and the constant sound of the cars going over the bridge grating was a little bit annoying. So the things I learned was to stay at the opposite end from that side, get a room above the third floor if possible or half your view will be blocked by a roof, and use the hotels awesome shuttle service which takes you down to restaurants and night clubs for free. Oh and highly recommend That’s Amore’s for some great blues, jazz and Italian food. Easily within the shuttles drive.
Also hotel owner if you are reading this, my wife suggest you put live plants in a garden on that roof to make for a much more scenic and romantic view for your guest, to create a park like atmosphere. Reinforce it and make it walkable with lights and tables for dinners and people would be standing out your door waiting for a table.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Jeff L,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the new furnishings and the scenic riverfront views. The construction you witnessed on the river front is actually the expansion of the Tampa Riverwalk project. This is scheduled for completion in November of this year and our hotel will provide direct access to this new city amenity that has been a long time coming. We're sorry to hear that you had to deal with some unruly guests during your stay. We try to accommodate revelers in the same areas of the hotel but occasionally due to arrival times and special requests, the best made plans have to be adjusted and unforeseen challenges arise. We're also glad that you enjoyed our courtesy shuttle service and that you found it convenient and helpful to getting around. Thank you for the suggestion regarding greenery or a garden on the rooftops that obstruct the scenic riverfront views. We feel this is an excellent suggestion and we will certainly share your suggestion with our ownership. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back as our guests again soon.