Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
$229
$218
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$177
$136
$85
$72
1,317 results
All reviewsriver viewashley streethillsborough riverthe club loungeconvention centerfree shuttlewithin a mile radiusybor cityshuttle servicehotel restaurantthe entire staffnice poolhousekeeping staffamalie arenavaletriverviewmarcus
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just spent our first overnight in Tampa at the Sheraton Riverwalk Hotel. We stayed on the 6th floor club level for a very reasonable price.
This included afternoon snacks and discounted beer and wine and a lovely breakfast available from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
The hotel overlooks the river and we took a lovely hour long stroll along it in the morning.
The hotel is pet friendly and although we travelled without pets last weekend, we do frequently drive from RI to Fla and need pet friendly.
The outdoor swimming pool is open until midnight which is much later than most hotels.
It was my husband's birthday and the hotel sent a lovely complimentary slice of chocolate cake to our room.
The front desk staff and valet parking staff were delightful to work with.
Thank you Sheraton for a terrific experience.

Room Tip: Definitely stay on the river view rather than city view side. We had a lovely balcony and enjoyed watching many boats go by.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
crystalrivera, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Good Day Kim! Thanks for taking the time to submit a review on our hotel. We are pleased to hear that your encounter with our front desk and valet team was very positive and that your husband's birthday was well spent at our hotel. Reviews like yours are what we strive for! Thanks again for sending in your feedback and we hope to see you and your husband again soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel must've been the spot to be probably some 20 years ago (just guessing here), but today it is just a nice hotel. The location is great, right downtown and waterfront. The service was good and the rooms comfortable. If you're going to stay there then request a room that is water facing, rather than downtown facing, just overall nicer views. Also, if you stay on the sixth floor you can use the lounge on that floor, it comes with complimentary breakfast, soft drinks and snacks during the rest of the day. Using the lounge is great if you're going with a group, you can spend time there instead of in your room or the lobby. There is a restaurant on site with very good food and full bar, the prices are reasonable. Parking is problematic since it is downtown after all, so you end up using valet, which is $18 a night, expensive, but not unusual. All in all, it was a pleasant stay, but try to get reservations early, as the prices can be steep during peak times.

Room Tip: Water facing rooms, and the sixth floor are best
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
crystalrivera, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hello Rosanne! We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review on our hotel. It's always rewarding to hear our guests rave about our team members. As you stated, we offer complimentary transportation within 3 miles of the hotel which especially great if you are unfamiliar with the area. In regards to the hotel looking tired, please know that we are excited to share with you that we are in the planning stages of a full renovation which will definately turn around the appearance and feel of the property. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed here a few months back for 2 nights for work. I had stayed at the hotel several years ago and didn't have any issues, so booked it for myself and my staff. Checked in at 7:30 PM, and because I was Platinum, I was given an upgrade to a higher floor. I could have sworn that I had seen suites available online the day before I checked in, but didn't say anything. I should have. I got to my room, checked online and saw at least 4 suites available. I called down and asked why I wasn't given an upgrade, and they stated that "they just opened up, but weren't available when you checked in". Yes, they were all being cleaned at 7:30 at night and suddenly an hour later - they're all ready. But because they weren't available at check in, I can't move.

Being lazy and overlooking a required upgrade is one thing, but to lie to cover up your error is worse. Very unprofessional staff. Won't be staying there again, nor will my staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Greetings Tysin! First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and want to assure you that we are looking into your claims. Please know, we appreciate you staying with us and hope that you would reconsider and stay with us again. Thanks

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Everything is judged by your expectations. I expected a tired, not to well maintained, center city hotel. While this hotel is not new, it is very up to date and well maintained. But the outstanding thing here are the employees and the training they have received. I was pleasantly surprised by every staff member I dealt with. They would take us wherever we were going to eat each night by hotel shuttle with hardly any waiting.

To me the word Sheraton meant an old and tired brand and a caution, this team proved me wrong.
Don't afraid to stay here. It's centrally located. Everyone who works here is eager to please you.

Room Tip: Stay on the river view side if possible!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hello Phil! Thank you for an amazing review on our hotel. We are very pleased and excited to hear that your experience with our hotel and team members was a positive and memorable one. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon! :)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were lucky to check-in with a guy who loves his job! He gave us a good rate, a free upgrade (with access to free appetizers and breakfast) and always called us by name during our short stay. It's a nice location being downtown and along the river. The entire hotel will be renovated in May 2013, so it will be even better. I would stay here again. Would especially be good for business meetings.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Summertime2011! Thanks for your recent review on our hotel. It's great to hear our guests rave about our hotel and most importantly our staff. We are glad to hear your stay with us with positive and memorable. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!