“Nice and Pleasant Stay !!”

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
Ranked #67 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey
“Nice and Pleasant Stay !!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were here for the convention during the weekend of 16th February for 5 nights. Good Staff, Great Beds, Flat Screen TV, Coffee Machines, Nice and Clean, A little dated in the bathroom but still not too bad. The location serves perfect if you have to go to Convention Center or the Stadium. I would recommend!! Overall Bang for the Buck.

Room Tip: Get the Riverside rooms ODD numbers I believe we had 531 had a good view of the RIVER
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
crystalrivera, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hello hitvyas! Thanks for taking the time to submit a review on our hotel. We appreciate the kind words and hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

this hotel was in an excellent location, we were lucky enough to have a room with a balcony overlooking the river, we stayed here two nights before we joined our cruise which was no distance away, this hotle had the best free shuttle service, it took us to all the places around, and then even came back for us within 5 mins. the room was nice and spacious well equiped, we had breakfast in the hotel the first morning, we opted for the hot buffet but it was ok but just ok.. poss would have been better to order off the menu! but I would reccomend this hotel and I would come back !!

Room Tip: as for room overlooking the river
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

1 Thank Jane R
Greetings JaneRitchie30! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your pre-cruise stay with us. It's always great to hear our guests rave about the hotel from the complimentary shuttle to the location to the great food in the restuarant. Thanks again for the kind words and we hope the cruise was just as great!
New York
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Checked in for one night and wanted to go out for a late bite to eat - front desk recommended local hip bar - "Fly Bar" -it happened to be Valentines Day so we took the hotel shuttle over- food, servers, drinks all amazing. The hotel shuttle came promptly to pick us up and the driver recommended a breakfast place that was
about 3 blocks from the hotel called "First Watch" - homerun once again.
Room was clean, and staff efficient - a nice impression of Sheraton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello lori749! We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review on our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our hotel, the staff and the restaurants close by. Thanks again for the feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The entire staff at this hotel made what could have been a highly stressful stay a place I looked forward to returning to each nite. My husband had an aortic valve replacement at TGH, instead of a week to 10 days stay, complications extended our stay to 16 days. Our two children were with us the first week, but then I was alone. This staff was my extended family. Every morning I got a hug from the kitchen staff inquiring about my husband. Tasha, Edgar, Kathy & Laurie, Kyle, who originally registered us, Tiffany who checked constantly to give me extra days during Gasparilla week, the front desk, Ariella who didn't charge us for the last day when we were released from the hospital at 2:30 p.m.; Kerry, Marcus, Juan & Collin from the Valet Service, who loaded and unloaded my car as I had false hopes of going home several times. During this unsettling time, my sister passed away unexpectedly in PA. I couldn't leave my husband and again the kitchen staff immediately came and caressed me and gave me a sympathy card. I cried at the thought of strangers trying to comfort me. Our children were also overcome with emotion at this thoughtful gesture. We recommend this hotel 100%. My room overlooked the river and afforded me a bit of respite when I returned from the hospital at nite. This hotel and staff are the best. I apologize if I missed anyone as everyone made me feel like family.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor overlooking the river. I thought the choice was an excellent one. There was...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kate40_12
crivera01, Manager at Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hello Kate...words can not express how proud we are to hear that you were able to find comfort in our team during your difficult time in Tampa. We are all a team and we pride ourselves in not only delivering exceptional service but being a family to all our guests, especially those in need. We miss seeing you but are all glad that things are better and hope to see you again soon in better circumstances. Thanks Kate - and let your kids we miss them too! :)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Unless you are a travel snob who needs the utmost in luxury and highbrow service, this hotel is PERFECT! The staff is friendly and very helpful, you will be pleasantly surprised by the feeling that they really want you to have a good time. From the bellmen to the shuttle drivers (available and prompt every time we called) everyone has suggestions for restaurants and activities. It helps you feel like you aren't a tourist! The food in the restaurant is delicious, and the location couldn't be better - walk to the art museum, Children's Museum, Convention Center, Aquarium - all along the fabulous Riverwalk....and let's not forget the Sweet sleeper beds! This was the best long weekend getaway we have had in a VERY long time, so glad we picked the Sheraton.

Room Tip: If you can manage to get a club floor room - the breakfast is better than continental - with eggs an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kndunleavy
Hello LPalmieri! It's always rewarding to hear our guests rave about our hotel and about our team. It's great to hear that our staff is SUPERB! As you stated, we have great rates for those going to the hospital with complimentary transportation to/from the hospital as well. We are not only located extremely close to the hospital but close to several restaurants and shopping outlets. We are glad that you've chosen our hotel as your home away from home for the past 18 months of on and off travel. Thanks for the continued support...we are definately here for you and your husband! :)
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've said this before, but I want to really stress the fact that the staff at this hotel is superb. They are efficient, kind, congenial, and intelligent. We've been to many of the hotels in Tampa, but we keep going back to this one because of the employees. We started going to this hotel because my husband was going back and forth to Tampa General Hospital for the past 18 months. They have good rates for people who have to go to the hospital for anything. And the valet service is exceptional. Those young men even remember my name when I pull up to the door!!! KUDOS TO ALL OF YOU!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the riverside! The balconies are wonderful.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tequesta, Florida
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We made last minute plans to go to Gasparilla Pirate Fest & about 3 days prior to the fest I figured I would try Priceline by using The Bidding Traveler site (love it!). Got this place for $54...all the hotels were right around $200 for this particular night. Didn't really know where the Sheraton was located in relation to where the festival & parade would be but we were happy to have a room that appeared to be within walking distance...had only been to the fest 1 time prior so we didn't really know what happened on which streets.

Arrived late morning as the festival begins around 11:30am....we were not able to drive to the Sheraton due to roads being closed for the parade so we found a garage & walked with our luggage which happened to be less than a block from Sheraton...fine. We were able to check in as we arrived even though it was early....we were pleasantly surprised that we had a lovely room overlooking the river with a nice balcony & perfect views of the pool activities (live music & dancing). We could watch the decorated boats as they passed!

Even better, we learned that the parade passed directly in front of the hotel (not on our waterfront room side, but the "other" side)....still great because we could just walk out the lobby & there we were & still able to use our own bathroom & get snacks & beverages from our room!

The hotel was absolutely perfect for our occasion and the price paid. Appeared to be standard Sheraton fare...nothing incredible/nothing horrible.

Last year, we stayed @ Westin Harbour Island for this fest & that was a great location as well but I think I give the edge to the Sheraton & honestly, I think the Sheraton was in better physical condition.....

It was noisy during the night...no surprise, major partiers all over the place...I would not have wanted to stay here if I was not into the whole festival scene...it would have been difficult to avoid.

Room Tip: Loved our Waterfront Balcony but for this festival, a street-view balcony would have been even bette...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Traveltina! Arrhhhh Matey! It's great to hear that you were able to enjoy and embrace all the festivities of Gasparilla and enjoy the convenience of location with staying at our hotel. As you stated, the parade runs right in front of our hotel and the boats are all over the Hillsborough River on the other side of our property. Definately, a great spot for those wanting to enjoy Gasparilla! Thanks again for your feedback and very glad you were able to enjoy yourself.