“Wonderful Staff”

SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Ranked #76 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Let me start off by saying how nice the staff members are in this hotel - from front desk to maintenance. They are all very accommodating, warm and friendly. This is mainly the reason why I am giving this location 3 stars.

The hotel is your average Springhill Suites - same look and feel from the inside and out. Hotel rooms are the same as any other as well. There is ample FREE parking in the hotel, location is ideal as it is accessible from the main roads and highways without being right on the busy, well-travelled roads. Breakfast is free and they do have a great selection of hot breakfast items. Well-stocked and well-serviced restaurant. They also have a daily (?) happy hour where they serve free beer and wine as well as some appetizers (didn't get the chance to sample) - all for a very reasonable rate of $94 per night. Check in was very smooth and easy. Hotel also has a nice outdoor pool with a hot spa and a gym.

We were in town for a wedding in the area so we opted to stay at their hotel for our brief visit. My sister and brother in law also stayed in the same hotel. My husband and I were given a room on the 6th floor of the hotel so we needed to use the elevator for quite a bit. These are the slowest elevators I have ever been on - property only has 6 floors! The doors opened and closed at a snail's pace too. Getting ready for the wedding was horrible. Room hair dryer only worked for about a couple of minutes and completely died on me, same thing happened to the hairdryer in my sister's room. Their room air-conditioner broke down as well! They had to request to replace/repair both. Our toilet in the bathroom didn't flush and we had to request to get that fixed. Just way too many 'mechanical' issues. We also never got to have our room cleaned up - probably because they are so understaffed. We left the room for about 4-5 hours during the day and came back to get ready for the wedding but still no cleaning service. We had to get ready at that point so decided to leave the do not disturb sign on our door since we didn't have enough time to put our personal belongings away before leaving for the wedding. I do feel that this is due to the number of cleaning staff they had - not too many people at hand to service each room. Maybe we were just put in the 'not so good' rooms - but its kind of telling when both rooms we had had issues.

The staff however more than made up for the property failures. They are such warm and friendly people.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room as the elevators are VERY slow
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I loved everything about our stay with Springhill Suites in Brandon. 3 star accommodations at 1 star rate. The staff very professional and friendly. Near great shopping and best restaurant s.

Room Tip: Try the top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ladychief51
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had to move to this hotel because the Sheraton I was staying at smelled like mildew and was making me sick. I booked this hotel through Travelocity and paid in full which was $100 more than I was getting refunded from Sheraton. When I arrived, the front desk clerk was not very friendly but oh well I was just hoping for a better smelling room. I was given a room on the first floor and it was the first room next to front desk. I was worried about the noise but it wasn't too bad. The room was also directly in front of the outdoor pool which was noisy when kids were in the hot tub at 8 am. The toilet was clogged and would not flush but was fixed quickly. Overall I was satisfied with the hotel until I got home and checked my account and noticed I was charged by Travelocity and also the hotel. Called hotel and they are suppose to be refunding my money. Lets see how long it takes

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights mid October for business. I arrived a little after 4pm. I was familiar with the area, but the hotel is very easy to find right off the highway, but not close enough you hear or see it. I was able to check in immediately. I stayed on a government rate and needed to be billed tax exempt. The front desk had no problems getting everything taken care of within a few minutes. The room was nice. I had a king sized bed, pullout sofa, chair, desk and desk chair and mini bar with a sink, fridge and microwave in addition to the normal things you find in a hotel. Overall I felt the room was clean and comfortable for the amount of time I actually spend in the room. I did find it rather bland and poorly decorated, but overall that didn't impact my stay. From the hallway I could hear the TVs in the rooms if they were on, but in my room I could not hear my neighbor's room at all. Breakfast wasn't bad. It was simple and consisted of waffles, eggs, sausage, and assortment of breads with toasters, coffee, juice, cereals, fruits, etc. Overall, I would stay here again as it was well located and made it easy to get around, although Brandon as a whole is not easy to navigate during peak travel times.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank willgr1
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I got a damp smelling room, old TV, real bad mattress,o k breakfast, real bad in room decor, I think they host all kinds of business groups etc so not very family oriented. if they run out of hotels in the area then may be this is an o k choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our family can't ask for better. From the moment you walk in and are greeted by front desk, you get the feeling of home. Elizabeth at the front desk is the epitome of a hostess. She went out of her way to help us with my family especially with my son's accessibility needs since he recently had surgery. She noticed right away and did everything possible to accommodate his and our needs. She even had housekeeping (which are so nice & helpful as well) to get our room ready quickly so that my son could rest his leg. It's like having a family member helping you throughout your entire stay. Can't thank her enough!!! The breakfast bar ladies are beyond friendly and are quick to help in whatever way they can. They keep that area so clean and stocked even during the busiest time. We recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to feel at home. It's FRIENDLY, CLEAN and COMFORTABLE!!!! We are only staying here from now on when in the Brandon.Tampa area. No other place like it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GinaCel72
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went to this hotel for business travel for one night. I was not expecting much. The room was clean with two double beds and the room was fine for an overnight. What really surprised me were the extras I'm used to paying for. There is free wifi and when I asked for late check out they offered 2pm!! Thats unheard of. Also the free breakfast was great. You could make your own waffles, and they had fresh fruit. I was expecting box cereal and maybe a bagel. Let's not forget free happy hour. Lastly, the staff was very accomodating and nice. This was my first time staying at this chain, and I would definitely do so again. If your expecting luxury this isn't it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
#86 of 164 in Tampa
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!