All reviewsfull kitchenfront deskyogurtsmall kitchenworld of beerlarge poolsmall hotelmarriott brandother hotelslate flightinternational plazadale mabrynext morningpre cruise stayshuttle servicewould stay againair conditioner
Reviewed March 15, 2010

There are definately no bells and whistles here, folks. But it is a really good value and if your a Marriott Rewards Member; you get points. This location has no continental breakfast and if you want something to eat you either have to buy a snack from the lobby or go next door to another hotel and eat at their dinning room (which, by the way, was just OK). Oh, and no room service at all. It is in a great location. Lots of things to do close by. The hotel is very clean. And for being close to the airport, we did not hear a sound!!! That was amazing.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I stay mostly at Mariott properties when travelling.I like the newer residence inns and Town place suites.This property seems to be a hidden GEM in the Tampa area.

A great rate ,I only paid $79 a night thru their website booking a week in advance,lots of free parking.

Front desk help all 3 shifts were very friendly and helpful.

Tip #1 ,if you have a late flight in go to the grocery store first it closes at 11pm,turn left then rt out of the hotel,drive down to Dale Mabry turn rt and grocery is on the lrft beside Chilis. Wal Mart is a bit further on the left beside best buy ,but is not a real gro store only a few select items on a few isles.

Tip#2 I travel in the music industry,if you like asian food go to Dale Mabry,turn tight then beside the Jeep dealership is the Crazy Buffett whick is a classy atmosphere<strange for a asian buffet> but the food is great ,biggest buffet ever.

Selections include

sushi/thai/chinese/hibachi grill/lots of desserts including a choclate fountain

If you are a solo traveler eat at the bar you won't have to wait for a table,the place is always busy.

Tip#3 use Hotwire for your car rental/rate of 18.95 a day for a mid size car

The only possible negative thing about townplace suites/all properties

The Town Place properties all must have a heat pump system which a change in only 1degree causes wither heat or ac to come on,I have had this same experience at 4 Town Place properties,using the low fan setting seems to overcome my problem as I like the system to run as it quiets any outside noise

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank musicmannNC
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Lots of other Marriott properties in the Airport area, but I noticed on line that this particular property had a 25 meter lap pool, my preferred morning work-out. Hotel is new, clean and decor is contemporary. The 25M pool was the main hit for me. Lots of restaurants in the area. Reasonable price. Good value.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank BienVago
Reviewed December 21, 2009

This place has an incredible staff. They are kind and incredibly helpfu. We had a really stressful stay in the Tampa/St Pete area. The first hotel we stayed at was a nightmare. We transfered to this hotel. It is is basic neat the inexpensive. There is free working wireless in the hotel.

We got lost when trying to get to the hotel, a staff member (I think her name was Julie). Helped to guide us into the location. We also had problems with our airline reservation, the women at the front desk was incredibly helpful in trying to help straighten out the situation.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We recently stayed at the Towne Place Suites as we attended a football game and had no complaints about our stay here. The staff were all very helpful, friendly and informative about the area. They offer a great (free) shuttle service which we used on both days of our stay. One took us to directly to the International Plaza Mall and the other dropped us off within walking distance of Raymond James Stadium. Our room was a one bedroom suite and gave us plenty of space without feeling confined to a hotel room. Would definately stay here again if ever in the Tampa area.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple