“Tampa Native revisits!”

$154.99*
Busch Gardens and Alafia River Wildlife Helicopter Tour
Ranked #14 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Once the cigar capital of the world, Ybor City is now a thriving community.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was born and raised in Tampa and have been away for a number of years. I was there today for the Italian Festival in Ybor...what fun..great food and music!!! To top things off after the festival, we had pre-reserved a Segway Tour of Ybor City with Electric Glide Tours. It was a blast! There were so many interesting things I learned about Ybor that I didn't know and Russell (our guide and owner) was fantastic! It's a great and fun way to spend an afternoon!

1  Thank CRUZBUGS
Write a ReviewReviews (2,301)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The setting, the smell, the sound, the architecture and the feeling of being in a different world. Classic Italian and Cuban in the same area makes it as delight for visitor just to sight see and to savor the food.

Don't miss the Columbia Rest!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This area reminds me of a college town with a ton of people out walking around and going from bar to bar. A lot of parking, restaurants and bars.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We went here with high expectations but came away feeling a bit disappointed as we certainly didn't get the feel of it being the Latin quarter of Tampa. I suppose it didn't help that the old cigar factory is now home to the scientologist cult.

The architecture is nice but there really isn't too much to do and you can easily get round the place in no time. You could take a guided ride on one of trams if you wanted to but you're probably better off saving your money, getting a map from the Information Office and walking your way around.

Nice place to visit but don't make it the sole reason for coming to Tampa.

2  Thank Simon633069
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I will go here in the daytime but to go here at night you are taking your life in your hands. I am sorry to rate this place so low but it is dangerous at night. There have been shooting and stabbings and rapes.

3  Thank bugsymob2007

Been to Ybor City? Share your experiences!