“Enjoyable evening in Ybor City”
Review of Ybor City

$154.99*
Busch Gardens and Alafia River Wildlife Helicopter Tour
Ranked #16 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Once the cigar capital of the world, Ybor City is now a thriving community.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A taste of Havana; lots of energy; walkable. Funky shops, bars, and restaurants.Ate at the Columbia Restaurant. While the food was just OK, the setting, service, and atmosphere were memorable.

There are newer reviews for Ybor City

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I love Ybor City! I love cities. If you love cities then you will love this neighborhood. It is filled with well priced restaurants, bars and sidewalk cafes. If I'd known this place existed I would have spent a lot more vacation time in Tampa!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Cuban heritage is not known to most of the pepole and it was a good idea to conserve this place and make a live museum of it. I would rate it 5 stars, but it seems that the reccession hit this city and many places are for lease or going out of buisiness. Go to the visitor center for a brief documentary film and then stroll the streets, especialy the Seventh avn. The Architecture, the small houses of the workers and the hand made cigar workers will take you back in time.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I like the ambience of Ybor...it transports you to the 1800s. Just understand that it is a place for grown ups and as with any place, make sure you look after your belongings.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lot's of cool places to buy a locally rolled cigar. Many allow smoking on the premises and most sell coffee, beer and wine, or have a full bar. Food here is hit or miss, but there are a few pretty good places (good deals) and even a couple of great ones (not cheap). I stop here every time I'm in Tampa and every time it's the same thing: I get out of the car and immediately someone is asking me for money. Next, we find a place to eat and it seems to take an hour just to get the bill. Finally, we find a place for a smoke, walking past a tattoo shop or two, and as we're leaving after a couple of hours, we notice that the street seems to be setting up for a re-make of the Mad Max movie (you'll remember reading this when you see it). It's interesting, but some might find it a bit intimidating, as you might end-up walking among dozens of tough looking bikers and other nocturnal-types, in full costume, pink and green hair, on the sidewalk. You name it, all the strangest types are there at night. And, that was on a Tuesday! A few places were just coming to life at 10pm, and a live band in one place was just into their first set as we were heading out to call it a night. So, if you want to see the show, stay late. If not, leave earlier! Oh, and park in the open lots, not on the street (got a ticket because I did not have a 'residential pass' -there was no sign! $30.) The parking garage seems to have more than a few questionable characters walking around in it after dark, so.we avoided it. Bottom line: if you appreciate good cigars, or you're a vampire, a goth, or you just got out of prison, it's a must-visit!

Been to Ybor City? Share your experiences!