“Finest Steak Imaginable”

Council Oak Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 2,458 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is celebrating seven years of being one of Tampa Bay's BEST Steakhouses. This crown jewel serves only the finest cuts of dry aged prime beef and the freshest seafood from local waters. The award-winning restaurant recently won the 2014 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, as well as the 2014 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Be sure to visit us to see why the restaurant was recently added to one of the most prestigious restaurant review guides, Zagat.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I must have eaten rib eye steak (my personal favorite) in five hundred restaurants in my lifetime.

Last week-end I found myself seventy miles from home dining on a 24 ounce Cowboy Long Bone rib eye I will remember for a lifetime!

Why it even had my initials carved on the bone!

Trust me on this one.... I will not disappoint you!

1  Thank cbotrader
SHRTampa, Manager at Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear cbotrader,

Thank you for your recent review on Council Oak, Tampa. We are delighted that you had such a memorable meal with us!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My partner and I went to Council Oak on 7/12/14, we were excited, it was our 16 year anniversary. We really enjoyed the entire experience, the food was fantastic. There were only two negative things that made me rate this "very good" versus "excellent". First thing is we called ahead to make sure they do corkage for the $35 listed on the Hard Rock Tampa site and the concierge assured us they did. When we got there the hostess and floor manager assured us that they don't and haven't in over 6 months, and that she wouldn't know who told us this information. She was curt and borderline rude, which was annoying considering it's not the end of the world. She offered to hold the bottle for us or that we could keep it with us, but that they couldn't open it. Annoying considering it was a $155 bottle that we had carried with us. Her name started with a "C", but I am not sure her full name. So right off the bat, this annoyed us, but then we were seated by the kitchen so we could watch the chefs (awesome by the way) and we had Bonita as our waitress, she was AMAZING! She is the reason, along with the yummy food as to why we would go back. Had we have gotten a crappy waiter or waitress, I wouldn't go back. Bonita was prompt, friendly, personable and professional. Loved her to death. The food was amazing, hot and delicious. The only other drawback in my opinion was the fact that there are no bathrooms in the restaurant, you have to leave the restaurant to use the bathroom, poor planning from whoever designed the restaurant. Other than those two things, the restaurant is worth every penny! We were treated with respect, given a free dessert for our special occasion and truly valued. Thank you Council Oak, just communicate better with the concierge about your changed policies on corkage.

1  Thank Robert M

Dear Robert M,

First, I want to apologize for the miscommunication in regards to the corkage fee. We will make sure concierge is informed of our policies. On a better note, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed having Bonita as your server and experienced a wonderful dinner! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Always wonderful service and fabulous food. Make a reservation early so that you can choose a time to eat. It is often booked during the dinner hours. One of my favorite restaurants. Filet is superb, and the lobster is also delicious. There is a nice atmosphere as well. The lounge has wonderful live entertainment as well

1  Thank Laura H

Hi Laura H,

We wanted to say thank you for your wonderful review of Council Oak, Tampa. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I got the steamed lobster tail. Extraordinary. Side dish with cream of spinach.
My friends got 24oz (yes, 24 each) fillet angus, extraordinary.
It is cold inside, suggested a nice pull (classy restaurant).
The lady serving tables is a model. Full tip for her smiling attitude and perfect service.

SHRTampa, Manager at Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear lalloroma,

Thank you for your great feedback! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

There were 5 of us in our party as we took my sister here for her 55th birthday. Our reservation was for 7:00 PM and we were seated punctually with no problem with a wait. I heard this steakhouse was very upscale and it was indeed very nice. The atmosphere is nice but the tables are very close together if you are not seated in a booth. I do not enjoy hearing the persons at the next table's conversation among mine. I ordered the 20 oz. steak and I am sorry I didn't order the filet, it may have tasted better. I ordered it medium well and it was more like medium rare. I do not like that much pink on my meat. I shared it with my daughter to begin with and the 5 little pieces of meat that I got to eat, 3 of them were total fat! I put it in my mouth and couldn't even chew them. I'm just sorry that I didn't complain to the waiter...oh that's right, he hardly ever came to check on us for drink refills and what not. My sister ordered chicken, she said that was ok. My husband said his steak was ok. As for my experience here, I went and tried it, but I don't think I'll be a return customer. I will try Berns, Charley"s or Ruths Chris next time. Quite disappointed :(

1  Thank MCB2165

Dear MCB2165,

I wanted to apologize that you weren't fully please with your dining experience with us at Council Oak. I assure you that your feedback will be used to enhance areas that may have been lacking. We appreciate your honest review.

April Malandra

Been to Council Oak Steaks & Seafood? Share your experiences!