“Excellent”

Council Oak Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 2,399 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is celebrating seven years of being one of Tampa Bay's BEST Steakhouses. This crown jewel serves only the finest cuts of dry aged prime beef and the freshest seafood from local waters. The award-winning restaurant recently won the 2014 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, as well as the 2014 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Be sure to visit us to see why the restaurant was recently added to one of the most prestigious restaurant review guides, Zagat.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I got the steamed lobster tail. Extraordinary. Side dish with cream of spinach.
My friends got 24oz (yes, 24 each) fillet angus, extraordinary.
It is cold inside, suggested a nice pull (classy restaurant).
The lady serving tables is a model. Full tip for her smiling attitude and perfect service.

Visited May 2014
SHRTampa, Manager at Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear lalloroma,

Thank you for your great feedback! We look forward to seeing you again!

Brandon, Florida, United States
“Just average for the price......and just a "meh" experience.”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

There were 5 of us in our party as we took my sister here for her 55th birthday. Our reservation was for 7:00 PM and we were seated punctually with no problem with a wait. I heard this steakhouse was very upscale and it was indeed very nice. The atmosphere is nice but the tables are very close together if you are not seated in a booth. I do not enjoy hearing the persons at the next table's conversation among mine. I ordered the 20 oz. steak and I am sorry I didn't order the filet, it may have tasted better. I ordered it medium well and it was more like medium rare. I do not like that much pink on my meat. I shared it with my daughter to begin with and the 5 little pieces of meat that I got to eat, 3 of them were total fat! I put it in my mouth and couldn't even chew them. I'm just sorry that I didn't complain to the waiter...oh that's right, he hardly ever came to check on us for drink refills and what not. My sister ordered chicken, she said that was ok. My husband said his steak was ok. As for my experience here, I went and tried it, but I don't think I'll be a return customer. I will try Berns, Charley"s or Ruths Chris next time. Quite disappointed :(

1 Thank MCB2165
Dear MCB2165,

I wanted to apologize that you weren't fully please with your dining experience with us at Council Oak. I assure you that your feedback will be used to enhance areas that may have been lacking. We appreciate your honest review.

Walpole, Massachusetts
“None Better”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My wife and I have eaten at most of the big name Steak Houses and by far this was the best of the bunch. The service was outstanding, the appetizers were worth the price, and the steaks were melt in your mouth wonderful. I would recommend to anyone, even if you do not want to play at the casino,it's worth the trip to Council Oak. Be sure to make a reservation. So good in fact we went again the next night.

1 Thank JERRY D
Dear JerryD,

We wanted to take a moment and thank you for your review of Council Oak. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience with us!

USA
“Service, Appetizers and Pork Excellent - the Filet Disappointing”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

My wife and I spent the night at the Hard Rock Casino and wanted to experience an excellent meal at this highly recommended restaurant within the casino. From the start of the evening the service was excellent with just the right amount of attention and obvious concern for our comfort. We started with a fine bottle of our favorite New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and an appetizer of Divers Scallops that were wonderful. For our main course my wife ordered pork and I ordered the small filet and an order of asparagus to share.
My wife's pork was just the way she liked it and the asparagus was crispy and tasteful. I ordered my filet very rare and when I cut into it with the server present it was rare without the "very", I accepted that. Unfortunately the filet was barely warm and worst of all *completely tasteless!". We were enjoying the evening and asking my wife to eat alone while I waited for a better filet was out of the question, so I told the server it was tasteless and asked for a Bernaise (which they charged me for). That helped but it should not have been necessary, that filet should never have left the kitchen.

Dear JomoUsa,

Thank you for your recent review on Council Oak. While we are pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience, I wanted to apologize that you weren't satisfied with your filet. We hope that you will visit Council Oak again.

“Best steaks ever!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great food, a little pricey, but well worth it. I love the Filet mignon. That's my favorite! And you must try the escargo for an appetizer. I could make a meal of those alone ha ha!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank nannbailey
SHRTampa, Manager at Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear nannbailey,

Thank you for the wonderful praise of Council Oak, Tampa! We appreciate your thoughts!

April Malandra

Been to Council Oak Steaks & Seafood? Share your experiences!