“Very good..”

Council Oak Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 2,447 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is celebrating seven years of being one of Tampa Bay's BEST Steakhouses. This crown jewel serves only the finest cuts of dry aged prime beef and the freshest seafood from local waters. The award-winning restaurant recently won the 2014 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, as well as the 2014 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Be sure to visit us to see why the restaurant was recently added to one of the most prestigious restaurant review guides, Zagat.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Wonderful food and great service..would come again. The restaurant has tables and booths and is quiet and comfortable. The service was very good as well. Great lighting and welcoming. Located inside the casino and were not rushed. Steak was cooked well as requested and dessert was wonderful too.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was totally amazed.... the food here is good and the staff and atmosphere is fun. It is a little costly.... BUT, WELL WORTH IT!!! Maybe a special occasion would be best for this dining experience.
I am not a big lobster lover....... AND I LOVED EVERY BITE OF SOUTH AFRICAN LOBSTER... sweet, juicy and just amazing!!!!
I usually eat a few bites and I am done. NOT THIS TIME!!!! I not only one lobster tail but two......
and have craved it ever since....
The bread and spreads are fantastic....
we like everything about this place that we have been 3 or 4 times...

Kira A, General Manager at Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Jen, the South African Tails are my favorite too! We have the most decadent drawn butter with white wine. I look forward to meeting you the next time you are in.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Dinner at the Council Oaks at the Hardrock in Tampa was excellent. Have been over 6 times and each one has been as good as or better than than the previous visits. Prime NY Strip is one of the best I've ever had. Compliment that with an onion soup and you can't go wrong. Have also had, and highly recommend, the Filet and Ribeye on previous visits. Dinner at a nice pace, fantastic food and excellent service...will be back for visit #7 soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have dinner at Council Oak almost every time we go to the Hard Rock. The steaks can't be beat, although they are a bit pricey. Usually sit in the bar, that has nice intimate booths with live music. Lobster Bisque to start was really creamy with a nice flavor. Hubby and I split a 26 oz. Cowboy Ribeye which was delicious. Plenty of food for the 2 of us with side of garlic mashed potatoes - yum. If you're not a huge eater 2 people can definitely split a meal. Cowboy Ribeye was $50. All of the sides are ala carte. Bottle of wine, bisque, ribeye and mashed was $140. plus tip. Not a place to go every day but definitely the best restaurant at the Hard Rock hands down. Will go again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

First time here. Perfect from the time we arrived. Server Alex did a great job and the food was great. Steak lovers you have to get the Ribeye, best Ribeye I ever had. Worth the $50 for it... Overall I recommended and will be back!!

Been to Council Oak Steaks & Seafood? Share your experiences!