“Marvelous Steaks and Seafood at Council Oak”

Council Oak Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 2,409 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is celebrating seven years of being one of Tampa Bay's BEST Steakhouses. This crown jewel serves only the finest cuts of dry aged prime beef and the freshest seafood from local waters. The award-winning restaurant recently won the 2014 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, as well as the 2014 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Be sure to visit us to see why the restaurant was recently added to one of the most prestigious restaurant review guides, Zagat.
Tampa, Florida
“Marvelous Steaks and Seafood at Council Oak”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

No small portions here! Steaks are LARGE and full of flavor! If you order a side - be prepared to share it- they are huge! The seafood was fresh and cooked to perfection! Leave room for dessert (if you can) because the sweets are heavenly!

Visited August 2012
Kira A, General Manager at Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We are so honored that you enjoyed your dining experience at Council Oak and shared your thoughts on TripAdvisor! Thank you for your sentiments and we hope to see you again soon.

Tampa
“Great Carrot Cake”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

A few weeks ago when my husband was in from Afghanistan on leave we ate there. The food was great and the wait staff is very attentative. The dinner was good and portions are family size so plan to share. The baked potatoes are the size of footballs --- enough for three. Honestly! But, they truly serve the best carrot cake we've had in Florida. It is delicious. My husband is more of a cheesecake person, but even he was impressed. I actually ordered an extra piece to take up to our room. I am trying to figure out how to convince them to give me an entire cake to bring to my mother in NY --- it is that good. Also, The "house" provided us a glass of champagne because my husband was home on leave. That was a nice gesture. I would recommend requesting a booth because the tables are quite close together. It's a nice place. We don't dress up due to all the smoke in the casino-*+.

• Visited June 2012
Kira A, Manager at Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Joanie, It was so nice to hear that you and your husband were able to celebrate a special dinner with us while he was on leave. I will let the Pastry Chef know how much you enjoyed the carrot cake. We look forward to seeing you both again when your husband returns!
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A remarkable dining experience.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Last night I joined my wife and 3 very good friends for a sumptuous meal at Council Oak.
I highly recommend the long bone ribeye.
All the appetizers were amazing.
No worries here.

1 Thank Kevin S
, Public Relations Manager at Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
So happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with us. We're proud of the fact that Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is one of the best fine dining restaurants right here in Tampa Bay! We hope to see you again soon.
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Time”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had great time at the lounge. Good music, very good drinks, and the food is fantastic. It's a bit misleading that they have "lounge menu" on their website; you can order food from the restaurant menu. While we had a delicious fresh seafood sampler, someone next to us ordered the Long Bone Cowboy Ribeye, and that steak looked really impressive. My only gripe is with all the cigarette smoke. Both my wife and I are non-smokers, and while we deal with smoke just fine the whole casino seems to reek of it. If you are visiting Hard Rock and looking for a good meal Council Oak will definitely satisfy.

PS. Reservation a must in both restaurant and lounge.

• Visited June 2012
Brandon, Florida
“GREAT Dining!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This was my first visit to Council Oak and I was very pleased with 95% of everything....that 5% was the fact that ONE there is no restroom inside the restaurant, you have to go outside into the casino and TWO you have walk thru the SMOKY casino to get into the restaurant. But those have nothing to do with the great service we got from our waitress Angie..she was AWESOME! Along with all the other staff.....The DAUPHINOISE POTATO side was delish and so was the Mushroom Risotto (not listed as a side but ask & they may make it one for you) My friend and I both had the LONG BONE COWBOY RIBEYE (and they're not kidding when they say long, there's a reason for it). Very flavorful, tender, juicy...just perfect. We tried the Creme Brulee and the Carrot Cake (wonderful!) Yes eating here will set you back so $$$ but I think once in a blue moon we all deserve a lovely meal like this. Reservations a must!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank kmatos

Been to Council Oak Steaks & Seafood? Share your experiences!