“I had been wanting to eat here for a while now!”

Council Oak Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 2,367 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is celebrating seven years of being one of Tampa Bay's BEST Steakhouses. This crown jewel serves only the finest cuts of dry aged prime beef and the freshest seafood from local waters. The award-winning restaurant recently won the 2014 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, as well as the 2014 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Be sure to visit us to see why the restaurant was recently added to one of the most prestigious restaurant review guides, Zagat.
Spring Hill, Florida
“I had been wanting to eat here for a while now!”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The restaurant is decorated beautifully, the booths and tables are private and romantic. The service we received was phenomenal. The timing of the whole meal was perfect, from appetizer to salads, to dinner and our flaming dessert. The entire experience was perfect. We will return!

Visited May 2011

Clearwater, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“it is obvious guests and business do not matter!”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

i recently tried making reservations for a group of business associates for dinner. After speaking with the hostess to no avail, I asked to speak to the General Manager and he would not get on the phone only using the hostess as a spokesperson. They would not take a reservation for fourteen people. I also ask to speak to the director of food and beverage to see why they were not interested in taking our reservation, of course he would not answer as well. I did leave a message, guess what? Shocker, no call back! Too me, in this economic enviroment , this is unimaginable! This is the poorest demonstration of guest service I have experienced in years, which I am sure permeates the entire restaurant. Do not waste your time or money on this primadonna big dollar restaurant!!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank craig j
, Public Relations Manager at Council Oak Steaks & Seafood, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
We"re very sorry to hear that you had this kind of experience trying to contact someone at Council Oak. Great guest service is very important to us and we're sorry we did not deliver on that with you. Council Oak is designed to be an intimate space, and because of this, we just don't have the room for a 14 person party. We're very sorry we were unable to accomodate you, but we do hope you'll give us another chance some day. Best regards.
Tampa, Florida
“get the ribeye”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

If you have money to burn then go for it. I ordered the Ribeye witch was cooked perfectly and had a nice charred seer to it. My wife and her friend recommends the Filet special. My buddy was disappointed with his Porterhouse. It was missing flavor and that nice seer wasn't there. The Shrimp Cocktail was to die for, a must have. the mash dish was tasty and the asparages where slightly under cooked. All in all we had a great time, friendly, professionalism with a lovely atmosphere.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank sean h
Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My first time eating at the Council Oak, which was so awesome. We had a wonderful large booth with view of the kitchen. The kitchen is so fun to watch due to the huge pieces of bone in steaks and chops that you see being expertly grilled. When you walk in you can see the butcher shop full of all the cuts of meats which are prime choice. Our server Danny was so wonderful and attentive. We had an excellent time. I recommend steak or lamb chops, they are grilled and seasoned to perfection. We will definitely go back!

• Visited October 2011
Tampa
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised with our meal at Council Oak. Food was so good that we ate way too much, best NY strip I have found in Tampa. My husband had crablegs, wow. The butter was prepared perfectly to complement these huge legs. Perfect meal and great service.

Been to Council Oak Steaks & Seafood? Share your experiences!