“Awesome!”

Busch Gardens
Ranked #1 of 140 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is the ultimate family adventure, combining world-class thrill rides, live entertainment and more than 12,000 animals. Challenge a 335-foot drop tower, Falcon's Fury, or race like a cheetah on Cheetah Hunt. Busch Gardens' newest attraction, Cobra's Curse puts a spin on family thrills with this one-of-a-kind spin coaster.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is the best place in Florida. We went on Sunday July 21. We arrived at noon and got the all day dining plan. This is the best value. The lines were a little long but around 4 we never waited more than 20 minutes to ride anything. Most of the rides had less than a 5 minute wait. The only coaster that had a wait longer than 20 was Cheetah. It was 25 minutes. Don't waste your time and get there early. You will just wait in line. Cheetah is a must. Our kids loved it!

2  Thank Philip S
Write a ReviewReviews (15,709)
All reviews
in 295 reviews
"big rides"
in 155 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was the first time we had been to Busch Gardens in a number of years. We found everyone on the staff friendly and helpful. Kenneth gave us information on the coasters and their features. Because we travel with a special needs adult, it is sometimes challenging. Go to the park as early as possible and ride the roller coasters first, then go to the less popular rides. We were able to ride all of the rides by early afternoon. If possible, purchase the tickets through AAA with the one-meal addition. Because it stormed, we missed some shows. Definitely see the Kinetix show and fireworks. One downside is the difficulty in navigating the park although if any of the staff saw us looking at a map, they were willing to help us out.

2  Thank Cyd827
Reviewed July 22, 2013

First visit to Busch Gardens, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm an animal person, and I enjoyed the wild life scenery and wild animals. I titled this post "Plan Ahead" because my group wasn't prepared when we visited.

First off, it will rain in the late afternoon. Arrive at the park when they first open to ride as many rides as you before it rains. When they start shutting down rides, go eat lunch/dinner. When one ride shuts down, they all do. Don't wait for a ride and wait for the rain to clear up because it usually takes at least an hour.

Also, become best friends with your map. The park is very confusingly laid out, and I got lost many times. However, workers stand on podiums with a microphone and work as guides for lost attendees, such as myself.

Bring much money. Expensive food, but tastes better than most other theme parks in my opinion. We ate at Zambia's, and it was fantastic! Plus, lockers cost 50 cents at each thrill ride, so either don't bring a bag or bring many quarters.

Stay till they close, during the summer at least, for the theatrical show/concert and fireworks. Great way to end a fun day!

I was impressed with the coasters, especially SheiKra. I didn't ride any other rides or watch any shows because the lines were so long for the coasters. If I go back during the summer, I will buy their version of express pass, so I can experience the whole park.

If you're a coaster lover or animal lover as myself, visit Busch Gardens!

1  Thank Paige P
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Different from Orlando attractions and the kids loved the animals. They have some of the scariest rides in Florida. Too bad they got rid of the brewery tours.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I loved this place. It's like a grown up Disney. Bigger rides, more screaming and only an hour from Orlando. Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra were by far our favourites, closely followed by Montu and Kumba. Ride them all! The queues weren't too long on our visit which was great. We had a look around at the animals and a relaxing train journey round the park which was much needed on a hot day, as we're the water rides. We got the all-you-can-eat passes which were fab. As many return visits to the restaurants at the park as you want - you can get a platter main course, side or dessert and drink on each visit. We ate at the Zambia Smokehouse twice! Amazing ribs, brisket and chicken. The fireworks and show weren't as good as Disney but we'd had such an amazing day, we didn't care. It was just nice to sit down and
relax. Must visit!!

1  Thank Lawyer13

Been to Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!