Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM

13 Reviews
from $43.99
from $154.99
11,911 results
All reviews cheetah hunt theme park thrill rides falcons fury cheetah run serengeti safari rhino rally great roller coasters sky ride congo river rapids christmas town sesame street area water rides zambia smokehouse meal plan all day dining big rides
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We go as a family pretty often! This place has ice cream for hot days and comfort food for when you are hungry or chilly. The rides range from kids to adults and it is a place that is family friendly and something for everyone! You can never go wrong if you have teenagers or little ones. Food options and gift shops are endless. Get a fast pass to avoid the crowds and look for deals if you are not local online. We prefer weekdays as crowds can get hectic on the weekends but always truly so much fun

Reviewed yesterday

We drove down from Orlando for the day , it was Sunday but it was crazy busy so we splurged another $110 for fast passes . We were glad we did because 30 minutes after opening Cheetah Hunt had a 40 minute wait . We calculated that by the end of the day we saved about 5hrs we would have spent queing , which on a park thats only open 8hrs on a sunday is quite a lot . Lines were long for all rides but the ultimate fast pass let us walk straight onto each ride . The only thing we had to wait for were the gondolas. We got a deal from groupon on the safari tour and it was well worth it , we got 50% off but only the 1pm tour was avaialble . About 15-20 people go in each truck and the tour lasts 30-40 mins the highlight being feeding the giraffes. We stayed until closing time and had a great day , the fast pass paid for itself .

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Clean and awesome. Bought the meal plan too. Well worth the extra money. Plenty of thrill rides to choose from. Highly recommend !

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Love Busch gardens. We have been annual pass members for years and we plan on staying on the plan. We can't believe how much was cut out of Christmas town this year. First of all no holiday hills. The whole area is gone. Everything in the loop where the fireworks are is closed. The booths are pushed out along the walkway. The big Christmas tree show is totally gone. They moved the tree to the Carol of the bells which was also cut this year. The lasers they had are now gone during the show. It has been a great walking loop. Now It's hardly a circle. The "new"section they added was just the walkway they had by the penguins last year. We are just hoping it was the first day and they weren't done. We'll be back in a few weeks. Pretty disappointing

1  Thank 463derek
BuschGardensTPA, Guest Relations Manager at Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts concerning your recent visit to Busch Gardens. The experiences and comments of our guests are always welcome and greatly appreciated. We regret to hear about your experience. Could you contact us directly at BGA.GuestInformation@buschgardens.com so we may assist you further? Please include a copy of your review for reference. Thank you for reaching out.

Reviewed 3 days ago

The only way you are going to get through any line under 45 minutes is if you pay for the skip the line ticket. Signage for the skyride was not clear. Even getting something to eat was a time waster. They make no effort to get you through anything in a reasonable time frame. Also if it is going to be raining, be prepared that they will shut down the rides and you get to start waiting on line all over again. For the amount of money you spend you will need the entire day to probably get through half of the place.

BuschGardensTPA, Guest Relations Manager at Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to review our park. We sincerely apologize for any disappointment you experienced during your recent visit. If you wish to provide us feedback on how to make your experience better, we can be reached at BGA.GuestInformation@buschgardens.com

Reviewed 3 days ago

My family and I were attending a wedding in Clearwater and wanted to do something on the side as a family before the festivities. We have never taken the children to Busch Gardens and decided to take a day and visit the park. We went on a Thursday and there were almost no lines or very little wait times (5 mins) for the rides. We were able to ride some multiple times over. It was a beautiful day and we spent the whole day at the park without any complaints. We would definitely return for another run.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Firstly when we came into park asked for preferred parking it wasn’t until we pulled off from the booth we realised she had given us standard parking, so listening isn’t a strong point with this employee.

Once in the park asked for photo key, the employee who served us was trying to put us off from buying saying you won’t get many photos as 2 of the rides are off and it’s not going to that busy. Again not very good customer service.

Next went on Shreika which to be fair is a brilliant ride. Our mistake was having a second ride which then broke down leaving us stranded near the top in the baking sun for ten minutes.

After this we went to get something to eat and went to buy a beer at the same time. Firstly let me say I’m 41 in 13 days time, yes I agree I don’t look 41 but I also don’t look im under 21 or anywhere near it, I was asked for ID as I went to present my drivers licence the lady server said I’ll need to see your passport. To say I was shocked was an understatement, I’ve been coming to Florida for 10 years and visited Busch Gardens many of those times and never been asked to see my passport as proof of ID in fact I’ve only been asked for ID twice in the 12 days we’ve been here and my valid UK drivers licence was more than enough. She said they’d changed there policy and no longer accepted foreign drivers licences. This wasn’t posted anywhere in the park plus there is no mention of this on the website. The lady then went off to seek advice from a supervisor still no joy as rules were rules made up by the management/owners of Busch Gardens. To be honest I felt quite embarrassed by this exchange. I’m sorry many people visiting won’t take the chance of losing there passport by bringing it to a theme park.

After this we went on another ride and I began to feel sick and dizzy (please bare in mind I’m an avid rollercoaster fan and have never felt like this after coming off a rollercoaster) so could only be the effects of sunstroke from being at the top off the ride for ten minutes in the sun. I decided to not spoil the rest of the party’s fun and go back to the car on the way back I stopped off to buy a couple of bottles of coke. The attendant mumbled something and I gave him $10 he then said it’s only a $10 it’s $28. Again slightly shocked as I only had 2 bottles of soda, he then spotted his mistake, he had entered an item doing a price check for another customer had I given him a $50 I would have severely overpaid surely the guy should think wow that’s a lot for 2 sodas.

All in all a really disappointing day at Busch Gardens with poor communication and poor customer service.

2  Thank Archer1701a
BuschGardensTPA, Guest Relations Manager at Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Reviewed 5 days ago

My family recently bought the fun pass - good from when we bought it in May until the end of December. We weren't able to go until September, but we enjoyed that visit and went back in October. We may try to fit in one more trip before they expire. The tickets were a great value! Our first trip we focused on rides. We bought the Quick Que and the Dining Plan. Both were well worth the money! We didn't wait in any lines all day, although the park was quite busy. We also got our money's worth from the dining plan. I highly recommend the barbecue place - can't remember the name. The food was excellent there - much better than typical theme park food. My 12 year old son thoroughly enjoyed all of the coasters. Cobra's Curse was down the first time we went, but operating the second. We also saw a few shows on our first visit - the ice skating and the animals. Both were a good break from the heat. We also bought the photo package for the first visit. The photographers made sure to take lots of photos and the ride photos were great. I also thought this was a good deal.
Our second visit was focused on animals. We did ride a few things first thing in the morning with no wait. AT 11:30 we did the Safari tour. It was excellent. You see lots of animals and get to hand feed a giraffe. We also did a tiger tour, penguin tour, and gorilla tour. Since we didn't have to pay for tickets this trip, we spent our money on tours. All were very reasonably priced at $30-$40 each. I highly recommend all of them. We got really close to all the animals - even got to pet a penguin. The tour groups were really small so that everyone got time near the animals and could hear the guides. We got lots of time with each tour. All of the guides were excellent. I cannot say enough great things about the tours. Do not miss them!
We also used the dog kennel both trips. They were also great to deal with. The second trip, our dog had recently undergone back surgery and was required to stay in her crate inside a large kennel. They were great with working with us to make sure she was ok. You are required to return and walk your own dog, but I prefer that. The kennel was clean, well secured, and climate controlled. The staff was friendly and efficient. They do open about 30 minutes prior to park opening so that you can still get to the park on time for opening. I felt really good about leaving my dog there both times. It does cost $10 but it is well worth it.
All in all, everything about this park was great. It was doable without being stressed about getting everything in. It is a large park, so be prepared to walk a lot! There are no shortcuts from area to area. However, the pricing for tickets, experiences, souvenirs, and food were all reasonable. The staff were all friendly. All the facilities were accessible and clean. We live about 5 hours away. I wish we lived closer so that we could go more often!

1  Thank gmaj_05
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Visited Busch Gardens today. The first time for 20 years, so you can imagine how excited we were. Sadly many of the rollercoasters weren’t operating! There had been no mention of this on the website. Whilst we enjoyed all the facilities that were available, especially old favourites like the train and sky ride we still left feeling a little short changed.

BuschGardensTPA, Guest Relations Manager at Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Reviewed 1 week ago

Spent a full day here in October 2018 as part of a ticket deal which only worked out at £10 per head for the family four adults and one child.

Arrived at 9am from Orlando ( self drive ).

My impressions of the park were that it is definitely more earthly than Disney with the attractions much less busy with some small animal enclosures.

There was a good selection of thrill rides which we mostly rode twice due the crowds being smaller than back in the Orlando Parks.

The security was strict but allowed our picnics and cold flasks to be taken in and consumed in the park. We did top up from one of the varied food outlets which was slightly cheaper than we had been used to.

All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful and the Safari trek was worth the time and effort.

Only downside ( my personal opinion ) are the sizes of some of the enclosures in which the animals seemed run down. Maybe if they cut back on the small ones and made a few larger enclosures to give the animals more space it might help the with atmosphere.

The park is a fair size but can be easily walked if you spend the full day.

Tips would be arrive early / take a picnic / do not go if your sole interest are the animals on show.