“excellent park for all the family”

Busch Gardens Tampa
Aquatica Orlando
Ranked #1 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Busch Gardens Tampa is the ultimate family adventure, offering 300 acres of fascinating attractions based on exotic explorations around the world. A unique blend of thrilling rides, one of the country's premier zoos with more than 12,000 animals, live shows, restaurants, shops and games, Busch Gardens Tampa provides unrivaled excitement for guests of every age.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 5, 2013

As two family's together 10 in total with ages ranging from 7 to all 62 everyone in our group really enjoyed this park. We booked the onsite safari that morning as places are limited. Had to return to a meeting point at midday for the tour, everyone loved it. The tour guide was excellent she new all about the animals on the safari and answered any of our questions. The kids loved the interaction with the giraffes, we got great pics. The rides were great bigger kids went on all of them. The favourate was the sheikra, and kumba. But the favourate by the whole group was the cheeta hunt it was AWESOME!!! This was our first trip to busch garden and we will definitely return. Plus the night time show was excellent the acrobatic guys were amazing:-). A great day out !!

There are newer reviews for Busch Gardens Tampa

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We recently went to Busch Gardens for a day while visiting the beach on vacation. We had a nice time at the park. It was very clean and we enjoyed the landscaping. There was a nice variety of things to do and we really enjoyed two of the shows; Iceploration and Castaway Critters. The Castaway show was especially good and my kids wanted to go a second time.

Staff were very nice and we had a great experience with them at Rhino Rally. A big rainstorm moved in while we were in line and the rides were closed down. It rained for well over an hour and the staff at this ride were so great keeping the kids entertained. They organized some games of Simon Says and let the kids use the water brooms to keep the water out of the queue area. I think this was the highlight of my kid's day.

The all you can eat meal deal was a great deal for our family. I bought our tickets on-line and for an extra $10 we got the meal plan. We ate at a pizza buffet for lunch which was average food. However the Smokehouse that serves ribs was fantastic for dinner. Plus we got an extra 50% off snacks and drinks all day.

The biggest disappointment is the park closes at 9pm. We knew that going in, but with the rain and the time it took to bring the rides back up we did not get to do much most of the evening.

While we had a really nice day, I don't think I'd make the trip from Orlando just to come to Busch Gardens. I'd definitely return again if I was at the Gulf beaches. I think the Disney parks offer more for the money. We also went to Orlando the last few days of the trip and the tickets were about $20 more for the day, but I thought you got a lot more for the money.

1  Thank micaryan62
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I recommend going here anytime, but hot summer days are the best. The water rides are a blast. Best to get wet early and return to get re-soaked anytime the heat starts to build. My best word of advice to you: BRING A ZIP-LOC QUART SIZE BAG TO PUT YOUR WALLET IN. Zip-locs are the only way to keep your wallet and electronics from getting wet. You will have more fun if you do this. Good food. Rides are allot of fun. I have been here numerous times since 1965. The park has only gotten better with time.

4  Thank Peter S
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was our first visit to Busch Gardens...... and it was AWESOME!!! Visited the park with the husband and two kids (11 & 14). We spent a total of 1 and 1/2 days at the park. The first day we visited from opening until 4 and then took the shuttle back to our hotel and returned at 7:00 PM to continue to ride and to watch the Kinetics and Fireworks show at closing. The second day we visited Adventure Island for a few hours took the shuttle back to the hotel and went to Busch Gardens at 5:00 PM until they closed.

* Park is clean
* Staff seemed nice
*Rides were AWESOME.... we rode all the rides (well the big rides). The Sesame Street Area seemed nice though :)
* Lines were short never waited more than 25 minutes for a ride. (Cheetah Run was the longest wait time on both days).
* Only show we saw was the 4-D Pirate Show
* We didn't do the all day dining plan and didn't need to. We ate breakfast at our hotel, got some snacks at the park i.e. funnel cakes, popcorn, and ice cream. We bought the refillable cups. The first day at Busch Gardens we left around 4 and went back to our hotel and ordered Pizza. The next day we ate a quick lunch after leaving Adventure Island. We ate dinner (Chili’s) after leaving the park at closing the second day.
* Ladies if you do not have to, I would not carry a purse/bag into the park because you will have to leave it in a locker. My husband wore cargo shorts with big pockets so he carried the "important things".

* In my opinion, if neither you nor your kids like to ride roller coasters I'm not sure this park is for you; yes they have animals and we did see them which were cool, but the fun is in the Roller Coasters........

Overall I we had a great time and now we are looking at traveling to Virginia to visit Busch Gardens there.

1  Thank djsmomDallas_GA
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Had 10 hours of fun at this theme park. Shows were brilliant and roller coasters were terrifying. Would definitely recommend a visit especially with children.