“great family fun”

Tampa Bay CityPASS
Ranked #1 of 198 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Busch Gardens Tampa is the ultimate family adventure, offering 300 acres of fascinating attractions based on exotic explorations around the world. A unique blend of thrilling rides, one of the country's premier zoos with more than 12,000 animals, live shows, restaurants, shops and games, Busch Gardens Tampa provides unrivaled excitement for guests of every age.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Wheatfield, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“great family fun”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

i love roller coasters this is the place to go. there is a great place called sesame land for little kids, great characters. best amusment park.

Visited April 2013

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Clarenville, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I just love bush Gardens”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our visit to bush Gardens was just beauitful we love all the amimals and the staff was very helpful to showing you the washrooms was and all the places to visit while we visit bush gardens.when i go back this year i want to go to bush gardens to see it again.

Visited May 2012
Norton Shores, Michigan
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Mostly awesome but some ride operators downright rude”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I don't remember the exact date, but it was around the second week of October 2012 on a Wednesday that our group visited Busch Gardens. We had 6 adult and 5 kids ranging in age from 5 to 12 years old. I'm the grandma, we had my husband (who has limited mobility and used an electric scooter) and our kids and grandkids. The park was almost empty, for most of the day we could hop on almost any of the rides without more than a five minute wait. Most of the coasters were awesome. I bought the eat and drink all day for free with the tickets and it was so worth it. Great buffet, lots of choices for a park like this. It wasn't Disney as far as the way the ride operators, etc. treated us. One insisted I rent a locker for my small backpack and would not let me just leave it with my husbands scooter. But the locker is only good once and then you pay each time you open it. Not what I expected. I loved the Cheetah Run. Fabulous. The older kids had a better time here than at Disney. Face it, Disney just doesn't have the rides. We are all coaster fans and will be coming back.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank demaranch
Atlanta, GA
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Fun fun fun”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great combination of theme park thrill rides and zoo. Some thoughts:

1. Make sure you check the height requirements beforehand if you're taking your kids. There will be some rides they can't ride yet, if they're young.

2. You may need more than a day to see the place. We were there only one day and there were parts we didn't get to see.

3. We bought the all-day dining plan (despite the fact that it made me feel like a glutton) and we're glad we did. We saved money and it was a huge help anytime the kids needed a snack or we just wanted a bottle of water.

4. If you ride the water rides (particularly the Congo River Rapids), you will be soaked to the bone. Take a change of clothes (and don't forget underwear, like I did :( )

5. We went on a sunny Monday in mid April, at the very end of Spring Break. The part was only open from 9:30 to 7:00 pm, but the part seemed to become completely empty by 4:00 pm. Not sure why. My suspicion is that people were taking buses over from SeaWorld/Orlando and these buses pulled everyone out around 4 pm.

6. The food is pretty good.

7. The rides are fun, too.

8. And the animals are cool.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Rabbit43
Wesley Chapel, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I never get tired of this place”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Updated elmo land is very popular with my little one. I have a season pass and have gone many times but I still love it. Seeing a concert here is fantastic very cozy and included with admission when they are offered. My favorite part is shooting people with water blasters while they are on the river rapids. Bring a roll of quarters (or singles) and fire away. The look of the unsuspecting people getting blasted with water cracks me up every time.

Visited March 2013