“Enjoyable”

Tampa Bay CityPASS
Ranked #1 of 198 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Busch Gardens Tampa is the ultimate family adventure, offering 300 acres of fascinating attractions based on exotic explorations around the world. A unique blend of thrilling rides, one of the country's premier zoos with more than 12,000 animals, live shows, restaurants, shops and games, Busch Gardens Tampa provides unrivaled excitement for guests of every age.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Miami, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Bush Gardens is a great get away for adults and children. The shows were great and the food excellent

Visited February 2013

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Kangaroo petting section”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Be sure to visit the petting zoo for kangaroos. Free and self paced The kids will love it! You can spend as much time as you want and they are very friendly

3 Thank Daddyoo
Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Best Zoo Ever”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had two amazing visits in January. Weather was PERFECT for an amusement park. We loved the mix of having well kept/interactive animal exhibits along with the traditional amusement park fare. A variety of rides with different intensities allowed our 4 year old to try out big kid rides and enjoy herself fully. Our daughters loved the kids Sesame Place themed area. In general it was a wonderful visit, each time we came and we will definitely return as often as we can. I'm definitely in love with the SeaWorld family of parks...

Visited January 2013
1 Thank TeamJJJ
Forest Hills, New York
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“One of the best amusement parks”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Been here many times and they always improve the rides and attractions with very high quality stuff. Thrown in the animals and safari stuff and you have a very unique attraction.

Visited March 2012
Fayetteville, Georgia
247 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 427 helpful votes
“Great Park and Roller Coasters Especially Sheikra”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I've never been to Busch Gardens before, but since we are from Atlanta, we were finally able to make the 7 hour drive down here for my birthday, and the 7 hour drive was worth it! This is my kind of zoo, because it has roller coasters and other rides with the animals. We mostly rode roller coasters all day, and they were fun. My favorite was definitely Sheikra. The first time is definitely a little scary going up tue hill, but actually the drop isn't bad at all. They hold you for about 4 seconds before dropping you. The first drop is 200 feet. The second drop is 138 feet. I like how the coaster passes over the water, if you are walking under the ride right next to the river, you will get wet. They had Sheikra closed for about month because of painting. We went today the 16 the day Sheikra reopened. The new coat of paint looks very nice. Cheetah Hunt was also fun. I love it when they speed you up. The ride does kind of make you feel like a Cheetah, which is fun. Gwazi was also fun. We came in the morning and Gwazi was our first ride, so it wasn't very bumpy. Monty would definitely be the ride that I probably wouldn't go on again. I love roller coasters and they usually don't make me sick or dizzy. Montu made me and my friends very dizzy and a little sickly, with all the loops and turns.That would be the only ride I wouldn't go on again. We didn't go on Kumba and Scorpion. Kumba was closed, and Scorpion had a long line and no quick queve. We did go on Sand Serpent and that was fun. We only went on one water ride and that was the river rapids. We got wet and it was in the 60s with wind blowing which made it a lot colder. The food is great and many others things in the park.

The only tip I would recommend is getting the Quick Queve. You don't have to wait very long for the rides, and you can ride more rides in less time. I tell you it's worth it. It also would be good for Cheetah Hunt. Everytime we went on Cheetah Hunt, there was always a hour or more wait time. We had the quick queue and didn't have to wait very long. Who would want to wait for a hour just to ride on one roller coaster and that would probably be your only time to ride on that roller coaster for the day. We also enjoyed Rhino Rally, very fun, even though I was surprise how short it was, I thought it was going to be longer. As for the food, it was great. We did the all meal plan( I think I spell that right. It allowed us to choose what we wanted, how much we wanted anytime, all we just had to do was get back in line. This is also another tip I would do, because it is worth it. Overall this is a wonderful place for kids, teens, and adults. I enjoyed my time at Busch Gardens, and I hope I can return soon.

1 Thank Caleb J