“Great day out but long travel”

Busch Gardens Tampa
Aquatica Orlando
Ranked #2 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Busch Gardens Tampa is the ultimate family adventure, offering 300 acres of fascinating attractions based on exotic explorations around the world. A unique blend of thrilling rides, one of the country's premier zoos with more than 12,000 animals, live shows, restaurants, shops and games, Busch Gardens Tampa provides unrivaled excitement for guests of every age.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were staying at HRH in Universal but decided to book this for a change of scenery. It was approx 1.5 hours from picking up at other hotels to walking through the gates. It was worth the trip as it was a great day, weather far better than back in Orlando, and all rides we went on we're fab. Very clean park and you can see that all animals are well cared for and not over utilised. It's not gimecky at all as a half theme park/half zoo kind of set up as its all seamlessly linked together. Cheeta Hunt was our favourite ride. We also bought the all day tickets for food and felt that was great value for money as the selection of food and different eateries round the park was great.
All in a great day but having been once not sure if we will repeat it for another few years.

Write a ReviewReviews (14,178)

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Spent one day here. There's lots to see and do. I didn't get to go on many roller coasters, because my travel companions don't enjoy them, but I really liked Cheetah Hunt. It was broken down for about 15 minutes, but they got it fixed pretty quickly which was good. Sheikra was also fun, but it looks a lot scarier than it is. The park has lots of food options, shops, shows, and animal exhibits to see. I would recommend going for the day, as it is expensive. We went the thursday before Christmas Break and the maximum wait time for lines was about 15-20 mins.

2  Thank Anna v
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Visited for the first time during Christmas 2012. By far the best theme park in terms of rides and attractions, its like Universal Isle of Adventure, Disney Animal Kingdom and sea world all in one.
Had an amazing day will definitely visit again.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I used to go to Busch Gardens all the time. I went to USF twenty five years ago, and I grew up in neighboring Pinellas county. I took my kids there on a vacation. It was a nightmare. The Rhino Rally, Sandserpent, and Cheetah Hunt were all temporarily closed due to technical difficulties. Don't know what for? The employees are extremely rude, and MOST seem really put out....especially the parking lot attendants. I think the people at this park need to have some additional training on customer service. I think we'll just continue to go to Dollywood from now on.

1  Thank Tamara J
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I got to the front of the line on Cheetah Hunt only to find out it was broken down! Later I got stuck for 55 minutes 200 feet up on Sheikra because it broke down and had wind blowing in my face for the whole time and was frozen for the rest of the day! They gave us a free meal and a quick ticket which was good but we couldn't use it because everything was broken down. So I wouldn't go again unless you want to waste 90$ per person.

2  Thank mickeymoose12345678