“I love this place.”

Aquatica Orlando
Ranked #1 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Busch Gardens Tampa is the ultimate family adventure, offering 300 acres of fascinating attractions based on exotic explorations around the world. A unique blend of thrilling rides, one of the country's premier zoos with more than 12,000 animals, live shows, restaurants, shops and games, Busch Gardens Tampa provides unrivaled excitement for guests of every age.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I moved to Florida 6 years ago and have had an annual pass to Busch Gardens since then. I visited this place with my family when I was 14, but it is so much better now. My dad and I purchased annual passes in 2006 and have gone over 20 times since then. The Colony House is the best place to eat for the money, especially in the amusement park overpriced food days. A meal here is about $10 per person (the chicken dinner family style is the best). Don't forget to check out the many excellent animal shows and attractions. This park is worth the price everytime. Their summer nights and Christmas setups are amazing.

1  Thank H2oJetSkis

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Loved seeing the animals! They all seem very well cared for. Got to see a baby rhino and baby kangaroos. We only too the train ride (couldn't afford the truck trip) but we got to see everything that others saw from the trucks. The place was very clean - impressive since there were so many people there. Loved the Roller Coasters - especially Cheetah Hunt! Excellent! The admission price is the only reason I didn't give Busch Gardens the highest rating - since there was only 2 of us, it was $189 - but I don't see why they charge an adult price for kids over the age of 10 - we couldn't afford that if our kids were with us.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Visited Busch Gardens with my mother and 2 boys (10 & 6) at the beginning of Nov. We had a deal through our hotel and received length of stay passes with one day of all day dine. My 10 year old now pays an adult price for tickets and dining pass.

The park was great but the food was terrible! I wouldn't recommend the all day dine. We ordered a variety of meals and there was nothing that we liked -- and we are not picky eaters. From burgers to fish to turkey to ribs to brisket to chicken, for some reason it just wasn't good. And the churros were hard and crunchy instead of soft and fresh. The positive is that the meals are rather big so it's possible to share them.

I also recommend visiting the park on a weekday. We were there on Friday and again on Saturday and the line ups tripled on the weekend.

My kids want to go again because the roller coasters were great. Note that when a ride says "you will get wet" and they offer a dryer for hire near the exit, expect that you will get soaked. Please also be aware of the rides where you cannot take items with you ... I don't know how many times they had to delay the ride because someone had their cell phone in their hand or their hat on their head!

All together, it was a fun time.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Loved our time at Busch Gardens so much we went back for a 2nd day. We got our tickets through AAA and got 1 admission with the option to go back within 7 days of first visit. Also, one meal is included in the AAA rate.
Stress free visit with virtually no wait for rides (except for Cheetah Run which is awesome - smooth, fast coaster - best in the park). Very friendly & happy staff. Loved riding the rides as well as seeing the animals up close and talking to experts about the animals. Great roller coasters. Enough of variety of rides to keep parents and kids (ages 10-12) happy.
Beautiful Christmas decorations. Each park area had it's own imaginative theme for decorations. Very clean park, Beautiful landscaping. Good tasting food - healthy choices and typical burgers & fries. Loved the Christmas show while eating. Only drawback was the park closed at 6 PM (week before Thanksgiving Day). We could have spent a couple of more hours in a family, relaxing environment. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Busch Gardens is a great family venue. Yes, it's pricey, but you get what you pay for. We didn't make it past the west of the park, as my kids had so much fun on what they found there that it will require another trip to see the rest. For teenagers and older, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra were the roller coasters they enjoyed. The lines were a lot longer on Sheikra, so if you're there early, I'd hit that one first.
For the little ones, feeding the Kangaroos, birds, etc and the rope climb/tree houses pretty much took up the entire day. We'll be back.