“Yummy house is sooo Yummy”
Review of Yummy House

Yummy House
Ranked #200 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is one of our family favorites. It's not your typical Chinese place. We love the salt and pepper calamari, you can actually taste the calamari not the batter. It is also drizzled with chopped roasted garlic and baked slivers of jalapenos. The food is family style, which means the servings are large enough to share. Normally I would not eat sweet and sour chicken, however here it is out of this world. It's my kids favorite. The best bargain is on the second menu what I call the " secret" menu, not the one they hand out when you sit down you have to ask for it. My other favorite, is they allow you to bring your own wine/beer and do not charge a corking fee. We are constantly bringing friends to Yummy house and so far they all have loved it. During peak dinner time there is always a wait, but well worth it. The service could be a little organize, but as long as I have my salt and pepper calamari and bottle of wine I am in my happy place.

1  Thank A-Ducos

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Basic chinese restaurant. Sweet & Sour pork was very good as was the mogolian beef. Mongolian beef has a few red peppers in it so if you do not like a little bite, ask for them to not put in the peppers. Portions are large, enough for 2. Service is not well organized. I believe they bring out the food when it is ready so if someones is not ready it may be a while before everyone is served. Restaurant was very clean.

3  Thank Charles G
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is a great place if you are tired of the usual grocery plaza Chinese food swimming in brown sauce. The cashew chicken was delightful. I would suggest going for lunch. Dinner time is crowded and if you are not picky, you might get a large table with a bunch of strangers.

1  Thank JLWS2004
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have never been to the Orient, but I've been to a lot of Oriental restaurants, and this is one of the few that stands out as being different. The food "seems" authentic.... not all of the usual stuff that's seen at the typical Chinese buffets and takeout places. Just lots of flavor, huge variety and great value.
There is no "decor" or atmosphere to speak of, but it's notable that the place is always packed, and a large number of patrons are oriental- I've never seen that at a Chinese buffet! Excellent.

1  Thank soundsoktome
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I normally hate Chinese food. It sits there forever and all tastes the same.
My girlfriend wanted to do Chinese. She took me to Yummy. I ordered roast duck and she had Cashew Chicken. As we sat there, awaiting our food, we noticed about half of the patrons were Asian. Group after group of Asians came in to eat there.
Our dinners were great! Tasty as could be, and each with it's unique amazingly good taste.

2  Thank Anthony B

Been to Yummy House? Share your experiences!