“It's all right...”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Visited Tampa week ago, read some too-good reviews here and wanted to try out. From the long waiting line, I told myself, this restaurant should be a popular and authentic one.
Ordered something from the wall-menu. Yap, real Chinese (this case, I am!!) order food from the special menu on the wall.

We ordered a grouper dish and sort of seafood tofu casserole.

They looked ok when brought to our table - regardless I was shock to see the grayish tofu in the casserole dish. After tasted... I could see why so many people had given good review. Basically the food were full of MSG, way way way too much.Don't forget the salt, too. "Yikes" is the word I will use.
The taste was all right... as for authentic, not really, guys.

1  Thank Victor696

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Don't let the cafeteria style fool you- the food is excellent and plenty. Even had leftovers for the next day. Not to mention the price- quite reasonable. It was rather crowded on a Saturday evening.
Seems like this is where all the Asians dine when they eat out- need I say more. Would have no problem making the 2 hours drive just to dine here.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Their Salt and Pepper Calamari is excellent. Waters Ave. ambience is lacking charm. The new location on Hillsborough is beautiful, though.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I redeemed myself! I was getting panned for picking a "where are we" hotel for the night. But when I found this restaurant some 3 miles down the road, the hotel complaints were forgotten! This was EXCELLENT chinese food (this is from a New York family, whose 2nd kitchen is the neighborhood chinese take-out). The roast meats (we tried the duck, and the roast pork, half size order is sufficient), plus House Fried Rice and chicken corn soup was just PERFECT! That was more than enough food for a hungry horde of 4. Let me just say that if we lived in Tampa, this would be our 2nd kitchen! But don't look for ambience, this is nothing fancy, almost hole-in-the-wall. The staff was friendly enough, and surprisingly, not typical of Chinese restaurants, they kept coming over to ask how everything was, how we were doing! If you are staying near or around Tampa airport, in search of good food, come to Yummy House, it is so very worth it!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Best Chinese Food ever. Fresh, crispy Salt & Pepper Shrimp and Tofu. Fresh Fish with Snow peas cooked to perfection. Honey BBQ Pork..............,
Very inexpensive. Bring your own Wine or Beer. A must go

Been to Yummy House? Share your experiences!