“Disappointed :(”
Review of Sprinkles

Sprinkles
Ranked #12 of 54 Bakeries in Tampa
Reviewed August 9, 2016

I finally got around to checking out the new Sprinkles shop and the customer service was great. The 2 ladies working there were really nice. As for the actual cupcake - I was disappointed :( I got the dark chocolate cupcake with the dot and it really just wasn't good. I was really hoping to love the cupcakes here but for $4 and for it being "Sprinkles" I really was expecting a lot.

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

The actual cupcake shop itself isn't anything to get too excited about. There is limited seating and the shop is set up like any standard cupcake bakery. But the fact that they offer fresh homemade ice-cream, coffee and cupcakes makes you see past all of that.

They offer plenty of adventurous cupcake and ice cream flavors. I tried an extremely tiny kids scoop of the captain crunch ice cream and it was delicious ! You could actually taste the cereal milk like you were having a bowl of captain crunch. The only strange thing is that there were actual piece of the cereal in the ice cream and they were not crunchy at all but very soggy and chewy. The flavor was there so I didn't mind chewing on the cereal pieces because the ice cream was so good.

I was going to try one of the more adventurous flavor cupcakes but for some reason I always stick to vanilla because it is my favorite. And I feel like if A cupcake shop can get a vanilla cupcake right then they're doing a good job.

I was very satisfied with the vanilla cupcake with vanilla icing and vanilla sprinkles. The cupcake was a very moist and there wasn't an abundance of icing to where you felt sick after eating it.

I did purchase my husband the chocolate marshmallow cupcake. it was a chocolate based cake with chocolate icing and filled with a marshmallow like filling. He didn't like it too much because he said it tasted exactly like a Hostess cake and he was right.

I am glad I stuck with my vanilla cupcake but I'm sure when I go back next time I will try a more exciting flavor. Although I will also be buying the vanilla one because it was delicious.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

The arrival of Sprinkles was delightful news. Once I had an opportunity to enjoy this coveted dessert that I remembered from NYC, the reunion was bittersweet. Although the store was open until 11 am, by 8:30 pm, they were limited to 2 flavors of cupcakes. This led store visitors to turn to cookies or ice cream to wet their sweet tooth. The good news is that had they not been out of cupcakes, we probably would not have turned to these options. Although many of the ice cream options were also "gone for the day," the salted caramel did not disappoint and the cookies were YUMMY.

When the sweet tooth cannot be soothed, Sprinkles fits the bill - just hope it is earlier in the day or keep your flavor expectations in check.

Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

Seems to be very popular, with a line almost out the door. Each cupcake had a lot of icing, but was good. I like that they use wooden utensils instead of plastic.

Reviewed June 18, 2016

The baked goods were unusual and quite tasty. It's interesting that they show you which items are fresh that day. Not so sure about the others. I'll be back for more the next time we're in Tampa.

Been to Sprinkles? Share your experiences!