“Authentic Korean Food”

Rice Market & Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Rice Restaurant & Lounge has changed our format and expanded our offerings. We are now. Rice Market & Restaurant. All the food from before. Now we feature a Specialty Korean and Asian Grocery. Come visit. Shop, Eat, Dine, Drink, Socialize.We still feature soju and other adult beverages for table service.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I was not expecting much as I approached the restaurant/market. The outside is not great even for a strip mall. After exploring the market and finding a good selection of Korean food, I decided to try the attached restaurant. This was a Saturday afternoon and it was good time to get an explanation on the many dishes. Our server greeted and seated us promptly. My first impression was that it seemed rather gloomy because the high ceilings are painted black. The food more than made up for the atmosphere. It was well seasoned and not Americanized! Just what I have been looking for in Tampa for years. Since there were only 2 of us we did not get to try as many dishes, but we will be returning for more. Service was just okay, we the only nonasians. I just wish it was in a more inviting location. Lunch for 2 entrees and 1 appetizer came to about $35.

2  Thank jan10214

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I am not a complainer unless something is really bad. The service was really bad. I have to compliment them on the quality of the food, however. There was a large party in the back room who appeared to have reserved the space. At the end of our meal, my daughter and I asked to order the ice cream. The waitress said she had already completed the check (handwritten) and that I should've ordered it earlier. She hadn't even checked on us once, thus I had no chance to order. She then apologized and said she was too busy to bring it. I didn't bother to ask to box up the leftovers. I did leave a small "tip"- a note suggesting they don't refuse to serve customers.

2  Thank christycarraway
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I've tasted all the Korean restaurants in Tampa and Rice made most authentic best tasting Korean food in Tampa. Some of the food was better than Korean food at Atlanta. Try the all you can eat Korean kalby BBQ for $26.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I did a thorough search for a Korean Restaurant in Tampa and decided to try the Rice Restaurant & Lounge. I agree with jandc5744 on the location. I was turned off when I visited approximately 7:15pm. The mall strip was not very lit and when I exited the restaurant there was a police officer sitting outside in his squad car. The food was authentic Korean. It taste and smell just like it did when I was stationed in Korea. I had the Heamul Soontofu (seafood, soft tofu in a hot broth) and white sticky rice with all the side fixings. I took it to go and sorry that I did not eat in b/c I may have order something else. I will be returning before I leave the area.

1  Thank Yardman71
RiceTampa, Owner at Rice Market & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you for your review and your service! We are happy that you liked our restaurant. We are grateful for your service to our country. Please stop in again and say hi. Check out our new market. We opened around the first of December. We have all of the great snacks that you probably got in the little convenience stores just outside base. And the yummy ice cream. Bring your family...bring your friends.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We went back to the Rice Restaurant and Lounge and were surprised by a real treat - Korean barbecue. My first thought was like the Japanese hibachi grills, but I was complete wrong. The Korean grill actually sits in your table, and you're expected to know how to cook! However, we got there early and the two waiting on us cooked our food for us. It was delicious! Of course, you control how well done the food is since you can pull it off the grill when you want. Our servers were extremely friendly and helpful, and recommended in what order we should cook the meat. We had pork (two different preparations), beef, and chicken dishes. All were excellent and we took some home to enjoy on the following days. Prices are similar to Japanese steakhouses, and they had a special of buy 3 get 1 free.

2  Thank jandc5744