$284
$129
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$144
$129
Sheraton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$119
$107
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

$164
$159
$170
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

$171
$150
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$96
$90
HIExpress.com
$125
$98
SailportSuites.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 5, 2009

My boyfriend and I drove from Kansas City to Tampa to spend NYE 2009. We had a hard time finding the hotel, because it was nondescript and not in a well-lit area. Once we found the front door we had to buzz ourselves in and wait in a little room (make-shift office), while a Spanish-speaking woman frantically clicked on the computer. Her husband was running around with their baby and shouting at her. I understand some Spanish so I soon realized that they overbooked the hotel. She couldn't really speak English so she gave me the phone to speak to the manager. I was devastated, since we booked the room weeks in advance! The manager asked us to meet him at another location and told us that he'd pay for our room and give us $50 for the inconvenience. The hotel we met him at was a motel with bars on the windows and "hourly rates." (in other words it was a druggie/prostitute haven) The place was also full. We had to follow him back to his office and eventually got a room in an Econolodge, which was not exactly the hotel we wanted to spend a romantic evening in. The next day we got our room in Hyde Park, which was sort of like a furnished studio apartment. We utilized the kitchen to make dinner, which was nice. My boyfriend also liked the large shower. Overall, I would not support the owner of this place, because he was a conman. He never gave us a credit or refund for our first night, as he promised.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2009

Stayed at the Hyde Hotel for 5 nights. The rooms are small, very small, the bathroom was great with a very nice shower. There were not the usual items one would take for granted, iron, ironing board, hair dryer. The owner did go out and purchase for items when explained that we would move on without them. The maid service was non existent, except maybe to empty the trash, maybe.
The first night it was like staying in Animal house with people running up and down the halls yelling and screaming from 2:30 AM until 4:30 AM, the fire alarm went off. When I told the owner all that transpired and what I had endured he offered to make some adjustments on my bill for that night, unfortunately he never did follow through with his promise.
The location is great with restaurants and a few bars. However, it did smell musty, was too small, terrible maid service, I stayed in the deluxe and it was definitely not worth the money at $107 or so, maybe at $59.00. It seemed the owner never knew what price he had previously quoted, and would fluctuate?
Keep looking for sure, you can do better. I can see the potential with this property and I do wish the owner the best with his property but you can't manage a property from several miles away. You have been warned.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I normally read the trip advisor reviews and consider them quite worthwhile, but this is one I just don't get. Maybe I just paid too much attention to the Excellent reviews and chose to ignor the 2 that were negative. Please take this review seriously in order to identify what YOU need in a hotel.To check in to this hotel you have to ring a buzzer at the front door, then you are given the lock box combination in oder to get the front door key. Once through the front door you have to open a lock box to get your room key. The room was very small and very, very old. No lovely bedspreads or even semi antique furniture, I guess it looked clean, but didn't look very carefully. The air conditioning was a wall unit, which was turned off.There were no staff members at the hotel. Since my husband was in total shock, the owner did come to the Hotel, and I will say that he was very nice. We explained to him in as few words as possible that we just couldn't stay here. We are in our 50's and normally stay in Marriotts(even Courtyards), Westins, Hyatts in addition to a few pretty nice B&B's. in Cape May.This Hotel is no where near them, but then again neither is the price. While I though we would try and save a couple of dollars ,I will just say that it was not worth it for us. We checked into the Westin for $189 per night.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Honestly-M
Reviewed January 28, 2009

I stayed here on NYE 2009. It was a great experience. The hotel was booked full which management admitted they were not used to. They were super helpful in making sure everyone was comfortable. Great Hotel and Very Clean rooms!

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed January 27, 2009

My husband and I took a trip to Tampa and Clearwater to get away from the cold weather in Virginia. We were on a budget, and based on the reviews, we decided to book a couple days at the Hyde Park Hotel. I never write negative reviews usually, only positive ones, but this place warrants some comments. The hotel is really more of a studio apartment complex. The rooms are extremelly small and cramped with furniture, a very noisy air conditioner, and a musty smell throughout the building. There is no one there to assist you as the owner lives at another location, but he will talk to you if you call his home. We went into Ybor City our first full day in Tampa and walked into another hotel which we decided to move to after being disappointed with the Hyde Park Hotel. When we explained our situation to the owner of Hyde Park, he said he was too busy to come and check us out, and he would also charge us for a half day stay even though it was only 11 a.m. I insisted that he come and meet us to check us out (as he said just to leave the keys and he would "charge" us for his inconvenience). He did eventually arrive and allowed us to move on. Also, the website says that you will get a complimentary breakfast, but none existed, and there would be no place to eat it anyway. The location is nice, in a residential area of Hyde Park, but really not as quaint or as interesting as Ybor City. The cost is low for a hotel, but this is really not a hotel. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)