$132
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$153
$99
HIExpress.com
$133
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $159/night.

$151
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

$189
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$151
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$102
$92
SailportSuites.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We like to go to Berns Steakhouse for my birthday dinner and we don't like to do a lot of driving to get there and return! We were pleasantly surprised to find this little hotel within walking distance (2 blocks) There is nothing else close!
The place definetly has its idiosyncrasies. The jacuzzi room is great fun.It is what it is. No need to downgrade it for something it is not!
So if you want the Hilton, stay at the Hilton!
We have a great time there each year. And Berns Steakhouse is to die for and close by!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2011

STAY AWAY from this horrible place.
There is no staff on site. Do not expect anyone to assist you if something goes wrong.
The rooms are extremely cramped, poorly laid out and my room had a beastly CRT TV mounted to the ceiling.
EVERYTHING creaked and groaned - the door, the fridge, the drawers, the shower, and especially the bed.
There was grime build up on the windows, corners and rust on all the bathroom fixtures. The kitchen and bathroom ceiling corners had spider webs. The coffee maker had a fuzzy moldy coffee packet left by a long gone guest.
The noise in the hallways by rowdy guests around 3AM woke me up. Of course, there is no one on site to deal with it.
I specifically asked not to have housekeeping on the 2nd day, but the bed linen was changed while I was out anyway. The next morning, I was covered in tiny welts from bug bites. Conveniently, there is a 24 hour CVS nearby that sells the cream for these bugs.

This place is loud, dirty, buggy, overpriced and has absolutely no service. The only benefit is the location. You can get way more for your money elsewhere, though.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank newtotampa88
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Booked hotel for Gasparilla. Other hotels near festival were $300 so decided to take a shot. This was definitely a "Get what you pay for."
Positives: Location. This is located in the Hyde Park area, with many restaurants, cafe's, shops, grocery stores and such. Also seemed very safe with upscale brownstones next door.
Negatives: First off, know that NO STAFF IS ON DUTY 24 HOURS. The owner lives somewhere else, and decides whether or not to stay there. Once he leaves, there is no security, staff, NADA. Made us feel a little awkward. Second, the website advertises "Continental breakfast". I asked, there is no breakfast. I asked about coffee and was handed a packet. The website also advertises "Flat panel TVs, DVD player" etc. This must be in one room only. We had a tube TV attached to the ceiling and not much else. Bed was small and we kept rolling into the center. Kitchen was functional but didnt seem very clean. Thirdly, on to cleanliness. When we checked in, there was hair in the shower and on the bathroom floor.
Overall, it did the trick. The owner is a very nice guy and tries to accommodate everyone;s needs. We arrived in the evening, and he was there and made sure we got in the room ok, but no one was there Saturday night. I just wonder what would happen if there is a fire, noise complaint or such. What do you do???
We spent our time at the parade and such and slept in the room. It was nice to have a room in the center of it all, but next time I'll spring for a downtown, named hotel. Like a review before, this place has great potential but could use a little sprucing up, truth in advertising and a full-time staff.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2009

My Girlfriend and I loved the area and the hotel, which reminded us of a quaint European inn. There was a full kitchen, but there were so many restaurants within walking distance we enjoyed dinning out most of the time. We arrived late, but the manager, a single parent with 2 small kids, called us before we arrived and gave us the combinations to get into the building and the room. We were pleasantly suppressed by the arrangement since we did not have to wait to get into the room. The room was very clean and had a really nice flat panel TV. There were so many places to eat and small shops close by that we got our exercise while we enjoyed walking in this really nice neighborhood. Defiantly recommend this place and we will be coming back again…

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I really liked this place, and I plan to stay there every time I am in Tampa. I stayed there the night before going on a Carnival Cruise. The price was great. This is no main chain hotel, it is family owned and operated. Reminded me much of a good european hotel. The rooms are not huge, but plenty large enough. We slept 2 adults and 2 kids with no problems. The hotel looks like it was recently remodeled. The location is great. Near down town, but in a walkers safe location with plenty of restaurants nearby. Look online for prices, but call and ask for a better deal. My wife who usually hates bargain hotels (and often walks out of many hotels) was pleasantly pleased too.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family