“Bad Soup AND The Manager Assaulted Me”
Review of Gallery Eclectic Bistro - CLOSED

Gallery Eclectic Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Bad Soup AND The Manager Assaulted Me”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This review is for

Gallery Bistro
also known as
Gallery Eclectic Bistro
*Located on the outside of International Mall.
2223 N Westshore Blvd B206 Tampa, FL 33607
(813) 353-3838

The food here is not the greatest but their prices however are very reasonable. I have been most impressed by their "petit" serving of Bam Bam shrimp.

I usually go here for a quick lunch on weekends.

My normal order is a cup of crab chowder along with "petit" serving of Bam Bam shrimp totaling around $10.00

On my most recent visit, the service was very bad. I was the only person seated at the bar. The restaurant was barley at 40% capacity. I had to wait about 10 minutes just to receive a glass of lemon water.

I placed my order. Long wait time.

The soup is normally garnished with cilantro.

This time the soup came out with what appeared to be paprika on top. I overlooked this.

When I tasted the soup, it came off as extremley sweet; much sweeter than usual.

I requested for the soup to be removed from my bill.

The owner/manager refused stating that I already ate some of the soup and that no other complaints were reported earlier that morning.

Upset, I explained that I would not be paying for the checl if the soup was not removed. As I got up, The woman manager/owner proceeded to get physical with me, attempting to push me back in my place.

When I asked her to remove her hands from me, she then proceeded to block the restauraunt doorway. I eventually maneuvered my way out.

I did contact the police and did end up paying my check but I will never re-visit this place.

In addition to the service being horrible, the behavior was totally inappropriate, in fact I had the option to file an assult complaint pertaining to this incident.

Regarding the food specifically:

-The food is "ok" and I have had issues with inconsistency in preparation (beyond this last experience)
-good prices
-Poor Customer Service
-Inappropriate, violent behavior from the manager to the customer.

My STRONG ADVICE is for you not to dine here.

Thank You!

• Visited March 2013

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Went for lunch, so good we went back for dinner”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Maybe we just hit it on a good day. We went on a Friday met our kid there for lunch. Sampled the shrimp they were passing out, had a terrific lunch. We enjoyed it so much we came back for dinner. The food was good and the presentation was beautiful.

Not sure what people that are giving this place one star are experiencing. We thought it was great. Noticed most of the one star reviews are for days early in the week. My suggestion. Go on the weekend.

Sarasota, Florida
“yuk!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

If only I had looked at the reviews before eating there. It was terrible. The restaurant was quiet and and wait was super long, the staff unhelpful and the food terrible. But probably the worst part was the shimp taste they hand out as you walk in. The small steak was about the size of a golf ball and tasted like what I imagine one would taste like. We sat outside and noticed that the same plate of shimp was just sitting there for over an hour and a half. Who knows how much earlier it came out.

Tampa, Florida
“Truly Disappointing”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I think maybe 1 star may be too generous for this place. We went last night for a friend's birthday, and it turned out to be the worst dining experience for all of us. 1) Our waitress was clearly drunk or on drugs, evidenced by her slurred speech 2) She never brought out our appetizers, soups, or salads; when we asked where they were or if we would even get them she responded, "hopefully." 3) Some of our entrees came out, and those that did were either wrong or tasted terrible. An entree of chicken Marsala without the chicken, just mushrooms 4) When we informed the manager her response was "What do you want me to do about it, we are busy?" 5) It took another 45 minutes just to get the checks for the little food we did eat. 2 hours later still hungry and very disappointed

Tampa, Florida
“If Only The Designer Could Cook”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Gallery Bistro has had an up and down career at the International Mall . A factor may be its location on the wrong side of where people enter the Bay Street restaurant row. Or it could be the other restaurants score higher on the food and fun menu.

The bistro is a beautifully designed party animal but since I am not of that genre, I don't know whether it fills up at late night. It certainly is not competitive at lunch and perhaps it is because the menu is "a fusion of cuisine of the southeast." I have no idea what that is supposed to represent.

It has a large range of rather common entrees priced from $14 to 17. There is an odd dinner sandwich menu. The lunch menu is large and if you're in a hurry, you should go here rather than the Cheesecake Factory (a food FACtory). The staff are working hard, but this is a restaurant that has a serious identity problem.

• Visited January 2013