“Absolutely Divine”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I dined at the Gallery Eclectic Bistro after visting International Plaza Mall and not wishing to wait 2 hours for dinner at Cheesecake Factory. We thought we were settling for less, however, had we known the caliber of food served here, it would have been our number one choice!

The Chicken Spinach Salad I had was one of the best ever. The chicken was seasoned nicely and served atop spinach leaves with sprinkled pine nuts, pecans, creamy/buttery goat cheese, crisp apples and red onion. It was served with a low cal zinfandel dressing which I mixed half and half--per the servers suggestion--and it was tops! The only thing I did not like was the fact that the chef left the stems on the spinach.

My husband had the Cobb salad and it was a usual cobb but with an unusual ingredient--apples. The salad was just as tasty and delicious as my salad.

To top it off there is a 2 for 1 happy hour with wine and beer - what a bargain!

There are newer reviews for Gallery Eclectic Bistro

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Food was excellent- I ordered the caesar salad with grilled chicken, and my husband ordered the turkey wrap. This place serves the best chips-- warmed bistro chips with balsamic vinaigrette and bleu cheese crumbles. They were delicious! Food was quick, service was quick and inexpensive-- under $20 for lunch. We would go again.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were in Tampa for the weekend and just happened upon the ‘Restaurant Row’ at the International Plaza Mall. It was a Friday night and most places were packed . . . and loud. We wanted to have a drink and a chat with a light meal so we were looking for somewhere quiet.
There were seats available immediately outside on the patio at Gallery Eclectic Bistro so we wandered over to look at the menu. The hostess gave us a sample of ‘Bam Bam Shrimp’. One bite and all four of us were hooked. It was delicious.
A very attentive – and knowledgeable - waiter took our drink order. He gave recommendations on cocktails and put us under no pressure to order food straight away. Eventually, we looked at the large menu (it was very extensive) but opted to share an appetizer plate to get started. The waiter told us that the plate came in two size – small ($12) and large ($20). Even though there were four of us, he recommended the small size.
Then it started to rain. The staff quickly moved us indoors to a lovely table in the window. Only then did we notice how empty the restaurant was inside. As the service and drinks had been very good, we wondered why. When the appetizer plate was delivered, we knew why he had recommended the small portion! There was ample food for the four of us – for our entire meal. It was all very good. We had good service for the remainder of the meal – even though we ordered no more food.

1  Thank Texan-in-Solihull
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Nothing special here...food was just ok...not bad...not great...service was ok

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Reasonable prices, great happy hour, pleasant staff. Stuffed mushroom appetizer was excellent. Entrees were also very good