“Bad Area”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central
Ranked #68 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel is in a terrible area and the staff doesn't ensure the people from around that area stay out of the hotel. There also seems to be an issue with making sure reserved rooms are cleaned prior to the check in time of 4 p.m.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Tom H, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I apologize that housekeeping appears to have been behind schedule on the date of your check in. I assure you that that is not typical, as we strive to clean the rooms to the highest standard and have them ready on time. If staff is aware of someone who clearly should not be on the property, all have been instructed to ask that person to immediately leave the premises. I assure you also that such occurrences are very rare. I appreciate your taking the time to contribute a Trip Advisor review, and hope that we might see you again in the future so that we can show you how good we can be.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Keep up the good work! Everything was excellent. Room was very clean and the beds and pillows were amazing. I will gladly stay here again if I needed. All the employees were very nice and helpful as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Tom H, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a Trip Advisor review. I am very happy that you found the staff and the hotel to be to your liking. Thanks again for your review. I hope that you will stay with us again soon and recommend us to your friends and relatives.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Average place to stay. Stayed here 3 days. Had to remind cleaning staff to clean our room. One day it was not cleaned at all. We would leave in the morning and return around 3:30pm. Hotel management didn't offer any sort of discount on room cost. Management was courteous and front desk personnel were very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Tom H, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review of this property. We continually strive to provide the kind of service and room quality that makes guests want to come back to our hotel and recommend us to their friends. It seems from what you say that we were not 100% successful in our mission. I am sorry that you found that the housekeeping service you received not up to the standard you rightfully expect. I am glad that you found the front desk personnel to be friendly and management courrteous, though I know that does not make up for your room not having been cleaned every day of your stay. If there is anything you would like to discuss in further detail, please give me a call at the hotel at 813-490-9090. We would love the opportunity to be able to get you to give us another try, so that we can prove to you that what you experienced was atypical, and that we can be - in every regard - what you expect when you stay in a hotel. Thanks again for you review.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel is better than most La Quintas. It is a smoke-free property, meaning there is no foul odor from another floor or room. The breakfast has more protien than other hotels. Our rooms were clean and the shower had good water pressure. It was a suite, so the room was spacious. The sofa and carpet are getting close to needing replacement but I didn't have any reservations about using them. The staff was very friendly and housekeeping responded to our request. There are many restaurants in next door and across the street from the hotel. I wouldn't walk very far though. There is a Wal-mart right behind the hotel, so over all the hotel is very convenient. We were there to visit Busch Gardens, which is about a 10 minute drive. We chose this hotel because it was smoke-free.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I appreciate your taking the time to write a review of the property. It is always nice to hear that someone who stayed here would stay again, as it means to us that we have succeeded in our mission to provide a clean and comfortable room and service of the kind that our guests deserve. Thanks again for your review and I hope to see you again soon if you ever require a hotel room in the Tampa area.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

do not put in rooms that you know door doesn't work nice girl at desk with blonde hair but the rest staff is not as well I complain and complain to Spanish girl and she never help me only make me wait for tomorrow she very rude and not care about needs I wish I could deal with other girl whole stay but I come from work aftr 3 and this girl already here and she stay in office next to desk never notice im there until ring the bell I see sometime might not be able to switch room if dont have but she very nasty and make me feel upset when ask her for anything I think her name cristy please tell her attitude not good need to treat people way they treat her other girl very good remember my name everday and ask me how I doing how room is what I need she help me a lot

Room Tip: make sure door opens
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Tom H, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you ver much for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review and for your candor. Please rest assured that I will speak to the General Manager about this and to both of the employees that you mention - good and bad. I want to assure you that we take guest commentary very seriously, and will take action to improve that which you state was bad or lacking. I am sorry that one of our Front Desk associates did not provide you the kind of service you have a right to expect and that we want to be absolutely sure is given to all of our guests. I am glad that you found everything else to be acceptable, and thank you again for having taken the time to let us know how we are doing. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is a good hotel with a very friendly staff that seem to get along well together. The room was quiet and clean. Breakfast was the expected plus waffle maker, eggs & sausage, and hard boiled eggs. It has basic amenities for a business traveler.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Tom H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to contribute a Trip Advisor review of this property. I am very happy that you found the staff to be friendly and accomodating and the room clean. If you ever require lodging in the Tampa area in the future, we would be delighted to welcome you to the hotel as our guest again. Have a wonderful day!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 8, 2014

4G doesn't penetrate the building so you have to sign on to their internet and watch a video EVERY TIME your computer falls asleep or you use and app on your phone. Doesn't sound like much but doing business in this hotel takes twice as long and it is to further profit from the guests, not to serve the guests. I am in the hospitality business (I work on hotels) and this is not usual, you can get free wifi faith no strings attached from a McDonalds or Chicfilet but not your hotel room .

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tom H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

I apologize for the problems you experienced with the hotel's WIFI. I understand that internet access is vital to doing work away from the office in this day and age. You do not say whether you spoke with hotel staff about the issue you were having connecting to the internet. There is a way that our WIFI provider can read your computer's MAC address and keep that computer permanently connected to the WIFI, bypassing the need to log in, preventing being timed out, etc. If you did contact the Front Desk and the representative did not offer you that solution, I am also sorry for that. I do assure you that it works, and reiterate my sincere apology for the problems you experienced. If you would like to discuss anything further, I would welcome your call at 813-490-9090.