“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #74 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading some reviews online, I was extremely reluctant to stay in any hotel in that Tampa area code. However, after a family member drove to the location and reported back that it looked clean and new. Upon arrival, I checked in without preregistration, and the young woman was very nice; "no problem at all", she said. She had a way of letting you know you were really welcome there, so I booked for three nights and loved my experience. I was a bit concerned about being on the first floor. However, I felt very safe, and my room was so nice. Staff was very courteous,(even when I left my room key in my car; she just made me another quickly. with a smile) breakfast buffet was freshly made and extremely good. Hot coffee and breakfast; area was very clean and well maintained. These folks here exemplified customer service. I have worked in customer service many years and it was so refreshing to see that there are people (companies) that work with a smile and exemplify true customer service (remembering the customer is always first). Hoo Ray to the manager that has chosen such a wonderful staff. This will be where I stay when I visit Tampa in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

First of all I am still on vacation in my hotel room while I am typing this so this lets you know how upset I am about my stay. There was false advertisement on their website when I booked the room it said that there was an outdoor and indoor pool, that is not true they only have an outdoor pool the breakfast is awful and no one on the cleaning staff speaks English. My room was improperly cleaned the beds were not made everyday and one of the maids complained that I asked for four wash clothes everyday if there are four guest in my room what am I to do with two face cloths and I called myself being courteous by putting all the dirty towels in one big pile for them to just pick up and take them to clean them and one of the maids accused me of taking the towels what do I need a bunch of white towels for? To put the icing on the cake I left some change on my dresser and it was missing the next day I just called the front desk and told her all of this her respond was I'm sorry I've worked in customer service for over 15 years and how you show a patron your sorry is to offer them something to let them know you have heard their concerns and you will take care of them!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Paid $122 for Saturday night, then $113 for Sunday and Monday night.
Front desk person working at night is not very accommodating. When I informed her that I needed more towels, she told me that she's working alone and I will have to come down to pick them up myself. This is no problem but her attitude of not being apologetic for lack of help is inexcusable. Is La Quinta hiring people without hospitality degree/experience? She appeared like she is just there because she needs a job. No attempt to please customers at all. On our first day, housekeeping walked in as we were leaving. They took all the towels but never replaced them. They did not empty the trash, did not make beds, did not replenish toilet paper.The bifold door to the closet was falling out of track but was not fixed What did they do in our room?
We came in late that night and I had to do all of those myself. If I am spending $122/night, I better be getting these basic services. Very annoying!
They are proud to advertise flat screen tv but the channels they provide are not high def so what's the use.
Hotel has mediocre insulation- can hear neighbors and cars.
Beds are sagging, not the most comfortable.
There are only 2 icemakers for the entire hotel and the 3rd floor unit was broken.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Blacksburg, Va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This La Quinta is located away from any other hotels or restaurants - closest to a Walmart. You have to wonder how it got tucked away where it is - but close to main roads and only a few miles from George Steinbrenner stadium where the Yankees play spring ball. The trip was a bus vacation to watch spring training games and it was a good, central location for most. The rooms are ample and clean. The staff helpful although not particularly well trained in the "greeting and welcoming" of guests. My room was cleaned well each day and, except for the first night when I had a crying baby next to me, very quiet. I found the bed comfortable (unlike some reviewers - firm but that's the way I prefer a bed to be. The breakfast was the usual hotel free food - scramble eggs or frozen "omlets," self serve waffles, oatmeal, bagels, etc. The staff worked to keep things stocked during the meal. The hotel does have room service although I didn't try it. Small exercise room and pool. Not a destination hotel for sure but a good business stop and central to the Tampa, St Pete area.

Room Tip: There are no "views" in the hotel. Some of my fellow travelers had "suite" which...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends