“Good Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central
Ranked #69 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Doing a midweek trip to see the Titanic Exhibit and the Tampa Zoo, we spent one night here. The hotel is fairly easy to find, the hotel is nice, the room was good, and there was no noise at night. The A/C was quiet and keep a steady temperature. There is only limited cable choices, and the toilet was a little hard to flush. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Newish hotel but just not clean. Dust everywhere. Noisy ac that smelled. Beds were not that great. Definitely not worth the $100+ price they were charging. Breakfast is the typical minimal items. When the room smells it just make you thing the place is dirty.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Very disappointed with this motel. I read dozens of Trip Advisor reviews of hotels in Tampa area, this motel received lots of good reviews, so I tried it. Sorry I did! I use the word MOTEL because it's the best description of this place. DO NOT stay here for vacation or pleasure. It is located in a VERY bad part of town, with a deep fried chicken fast food place in the parking lot, and a wal mart behind it. It is located on the corner of two very large and noisy streets, with traffic noise all day & night. There is NOTHING in this motel to make it enjoyable. This motel provides free parking and free breakfast, and the rates are low, however, like most things in life, you get what you pay for! If you must stay for work, and need a cheap motel for a night, this place will suffice, but under no circumstances would I recommend it for a pleasure stay. We experienced a number of problems, and other unpleasant surprises with the room and staff, which I will not list in detail. When checking out, the manager asked us about our stay, and upon hearing our reply, gave us a free night, and apologies. However, I should have paid more, and received more at a better hotel in downtown, and had a more enjoyable vacation! Live and learn. I hope this review helps you make a better decision than I did.

Room Tip: Any room not facing the street, to help reduce the extreme traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SCTravelerandskier
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is in a great location with all conveniences close by. Walmart on the corner, restaurants everywhere and Tampa Bay Buccaneers stadium about 3-4 miles away. Service is great, staff is Very Attentive and the condition of the rooms and the hotel is Excellent!! Do not hesitate to use this property either for business or pleasure with family!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had stayed in a La Quinta Inn back in October in Columbus, GA and did not have a good experience but after reading the reviews on tripadvisor I booked this hotel. I am very glad I did. Our group was put in adjoining rooms just like I had requested. The rooms were very clean and spacious.The staff was very friendly and were able to answer all my questions. I have a gluten allergy so I was very happy to see scrambled eggs at breakfast. I plan on returning to Tampa in a few weeks and plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I arrived at the hotel at 10.55pm after flying from the west coast and the receptionist (Elle) kindly offered, upon my request a discounted rate of $64 + tax.I told her I would be right back to check in as needed to go across the street to the 7/11. When I returned, 8 minutes later, she was replaced by a rude lady (Denise) who said that Elle should never have given me this rate and she would certainly not honor it. I was tired and had to pay her $99 + tx. The next morning, the manager was friendly and professional, apologized for the rudness of the night employee and adjusted my rate to an even better rate. I decided to stay even another night. It was overall a nice stay except for the initial dealing with the night staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a very convenient location if you're traveling to anywhere in the Tampa area.The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, especially Alma at the front desk. The room was very spacious and clean. It exceeded my expectations. Restaurants and stores are very close as well. It has a nice breakfast area with a wide array of offerings. The other amenities such as the fitness facility, pool, and hot tub are nice also. Overall, it is very affordable, and a nice place to stay when in the area. If you like chicken, there is a great restaurant right next door. It is certainly not a vacation spot, but an excellent hotel to stay a few days on business or when visiting folks in Tampa.

Room Tip: The top floor in the front of the hotel is the most quiet and offers the best view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends