“Gotta say, used to be great, but very disappointing lately”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #3 of 77 Restaurants in Tamarac
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Gotta say, used to be great, but very disappointing lately”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Cheddar's used to be one of my favorite comfort food places. But I have to agree with others that state the depending on the time of day, the server, maybe the shift manager?, the food and atmosphere is very inconsistent. Wish they would be more consistent and accurate with their orders. A review of their customer service rules wouldn't hurt either....

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Pierre1999

Tamarac, Florida
“It all depends on the day and the server!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I really hate to review Cheddar's this low - BUT - it all depends on what you order, what day it is and the server you get!

I've been there five times and have enjoyed my experience only twice. Once, we were a group of 8 and the server totally ignored us to where we had to get the manager to get served after an hour. Other times, the service was adequate - never excellent.

Now to the food!!! The salads are excellent! The chicken pot pie and the sheppard's pie are great. The mango ice tea is also very good!

DO NOT ORDER THE SANDWICHES!!!! The hamburgers are only cooked "very well done" and are hockey pucks (at the best!!), the chicken sandwich was so dry, I could not finish it and the "Philly Cheese Steak" was the worst I've ever had!!

If you have to go there, stick to the pot pie or salad - other wise - go to a good diner!!

• Visited November 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great place”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great food for a great price. I love their menu and the reasonable price. Not much they don't do well. I prefer this place of Applebees and Chilis.

Visited October 2013
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Too popular for good customer service”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We planned our holiday party here on a Friday evening. We were told they would only seat us when our entire party arrived. 40 minutes later we decided we would not wait on the other two people and told them everyone was present. Once seated, the other two people showed up. We asked for one more table to seat the last two people. The manager told us no, we could not have one more table. I was ready to leave but the 20+ other people pleaded with the manager for another table. Why should a group of that size beg a manager for an empty table that was literally a couple of feet away from us? After 10 minutes of pleading he says, "Okay, you can have the extra table." He could have said that 10 minutes ago. I was livid. Thankfully our server Felix came and saved the evening, like he said he would. Decently priced drinks, good food, and great company made it the best holiday party we've ever had. I would only return if Felix is guaranteed to be my server, otherwise I wouldn't bother. The manager is an idiot and the place is too popular to offer good customer service. Cheddar's corporate office if you're reading this make Felix the manager because he knows a lot more about customer service than the idiot manager on duty that night, who was willing to lose out on $300+ (our bill) because he didn't want to accomodate 2 more people.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Knowledgeable W
Florida Panhandle, Florida
“Good Value, "eh" food”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This particular Cheddar's location always seems packed. On a recent weeknight there was a wait for a table. The primary draw here seems to be the undeniable value: The locations themselves are handsome inside and out. Cheddar's prices are pretty low, especially for drinks. Where else in Fort Lauderdale can you get a margarita or the like for only $3.50? Of course all this "value" comes at a price...primarily in the so-so quality of the food. This is basically the same fare that you'll find at an Applebee's or Chilis...lots of frozen items and cheap cuts of meat...as in most similar restaurants the food sounds and looks better on in the menu than it is in person. I had an "OK" steak and shrimp combo...the steak was smaller than a hamburger (8 or 9 oz.) and had been marinated to make up for the fact that it was a cheap "choice" cut. The shrimp that came alongside were of good size and quality. My Caesar salad was brown, limp, water, and bland...which seemed to be the consensus at the table. The two things that stand out most about Cheddar's, however: there was an odor of some sort near the table...it smelled like everything had been cleaned with a dirty cloth...that somewhat sour smell. As in many restaurants the menus were greasy as were the condiments...always a big turn-off for me. It takes literally a second to perform this task. Also, the restaurant was quite humid inside although the a/c was working. The service was as to be expected in a rushed environment, but everything was looked after and there were no problems in that regard. Will I go out of my way to eat at another Cheddar's? Probably not...but I can see where the value appeals to many customers as well as the extensive menu.

• Visited November 2013