“A Hidden Jewel!”

Thai Curry
Ranked #42 of 81 Restaurants in Tamarac
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I've lived in Tamarac for a couple of months now and have had a couple "run in's" with bad asian cuisine. But Thai Curry has definitely changed my perception of the local asian cuisine! The restaurant was small and quiet, the server was friendly and prompt, and don't even get me started about the food!

Of course we started the meal with some Thai Iced Teas. Then we moved to apps - we split a Beef Satay (perfectly seasoned/cooked beef skewers), an order of Siam Rolls (Crispy rolls of chicken, shrimp, crab meat and clear noodles. Served w/ plum sauce), and and order of Eskimo Shrimp (Crispy golden wrapped shrimp stuffed with crab meat and minced chicken. Served w/ plum sauce.). Now the Beef Satay is a standard at any Thai restaurant (still the best we've had), but the other two apps a shot in the dark and OH MAN did we hit the target! Next time I'm ordering both of those as my entree.

As for the main course - we all decided to get Pad Thai. I had squid (odd choice, but I was already in an adventurous mood from the apps and once again HOME RUN!) my fiancé ordered beef and her brother ordered chicken. All three dishes we cooked to perfection.

Finally, well we couldn't skip dessert, so the three of us split TWO orders of Thai Donuts... nothing like some perfectly friend dough dipped in sweetened condensed milk to polish of an epic meal.

If you are in the area stop by this place and enjoy some of their great food. Oh and I almost forgot to mention that at the end of our meal our server informed us the everything was homemade and MSG-Free... you can't beat that!

1  Thank SeanWOW

Reviewed September 8, 2013

1st visit - had the wings - fried with 2 sauces sweet and a hot - combined the 2 - best wings I have had in years, nam sod good more limey than usual but good, my friend did not like the beef broccoli - décor clean and decent - had to keep asking waiter to take our order - always had to prompt him - over all would absolutely go back for the wings and nam sod and would like to try the tom kai gai

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We went here for dinner at my friend's suggestion. Glad we did!! The decor is very pretty, and I felt under-dressed with shorts and a short. The service was friendly and the food came very quickly. The shrimp pad thai had an abundance of seafood. The sweet and sour chicken wasn't fried, but instead had a light and delicate sauce. The chicken was very flavorful. For dessert we splurged with tempura ice cream which was exquisite!! It looked gorgeous and tasted even better. Although the window had a sign reading, "now serving sushi," the menu did not contain any sushi items. For thai food, you will not be disappointed in the quality, and the price was right! Of note, they probably do a large take-out business as well.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I discovered this restaurant years ago and it had been consistently excellent. Freshly prepared food, charming atmosphere and attentive service. I returned within the last month and was disappointed. The service was inefficient, the wait endless and the food was tasteless. The staff seemed quite overwhelmed with only three tables (maybe they were short a waiter?) and we sat and sat waiting for our food. The curry and pad thai are still good, but we tried some different dishes and were completely dissatisfied. The coconut shrimp, for example, had flavor at all. I mentioned this to the server and got zero reaction, so I highly doubt we will return. I recommend a tiny little Thai place on Federal and Cypress Creek (62nd St.) if you have a craving!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Not so busy local restaurant in shopping center for years has done a very good job with all type of Thai dishes. Excellent peanut sauce for it's chicken special dish. My whole family has enjoyed eating here.