New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Comfort Suites Sawgrass

Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
Pittsburgh PA
“The best..general room appearance..the worst accoustics”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The rooms are spacious and well appointed
The staff appears to be all newly hired and doing "on the job training".
Their wifi is woefully slow.
The HVAC was stuck on on one setting so that off and on were the only options! They seemingly fixed this problem after our second day of stay.
If you stay here ask for a room with an even number so as to not hear road noise. We kept our TV on at night to block the sounds from W. Commercial road (highway).
Our room had a shower curtain rod that was disconneced from the wall on one side. We told the front desk. It was not fixed during our 4 day stay.
We heard constant complaints from other guests about failure of room key cards.
Our first day was highligted by an "evacuate the hotel" fire alarm which required the arrival of the fire department 45 minutes later to declare it "something wrong with the alarmm system"
The. Reamfast
'

• Stayed December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I wish your experience was a much better one. It sounds as if simple items that should not have been an issue were and then were not taken care of properly, I am so very sorry.

I really do hope you would consider staying with us again should you travel back to our area. Then we can prove to you that this was a rare occurrence and not a common one.

Again, thank you for your time .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

A reputable chain, but the inspectors have not been here lately. Hotel reservation staff appeared not to know what they were doing. Even with a confirmation number they could not locate the reservation. Staff seemed like they really didn't want to be there. The could not provide info on nearby restaurants. Room linens had been updated, but most of the rest of hotel seemed in need of cleaning, paint or updating. But the worse was the cold showers!!! There was hot water in the sink, but never could ever get warm water in the shower. Breakfast food quality and the food staff were far from enjoyable. If you have the choice, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
December does not seem to have been a good month, we appear to have dropped the ball on simple issues. We were in fact training quite a few new staff members, but that should never have affected you, our guest. All I can do at this moment is apologize and hope that although you have encouraged others to look elsewhere that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Please call me directly and I would be more than happy to make the reservation for you. If you choose not too, then thank you for your time to write a review and I apologize for the bad experience with us.
Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The rooms were private and comfortable, Free internet Breakfast was warm and tasted real good . We had a blast at the pool . Restaurants were close by so we got to enjoy ourselves out door too. Staff was very friendly. I will visit again definately.

Room Tip: Upstairs real quiet BTW i was there July 2011 I DONT SEE THAT DATE ABOVE so I am going to put Dec...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lulu6581
Thank you so very much for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel. I am glad your experience with us was a good one and I can only hope that you will continue allowing us to be of service to you when you travel to the Tamarac area.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights and was well taking care of by the staff. Very comfortable and relaxing atmosphere and rooms. Walking distance to multiple restaurants and stores. I would stay at this hotel again my next visit to florida.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank freekiB
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and especially for letting us know you were well taken care of . As our guest it is important that you are happy with us and especially well taken care of.

I do hope you will allow us to always be of service to you when you travel to the Tamarac area.

Again, thank you.
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Very nice room with fridge and micro.Check- in went very smoothly with a nice front desk woman telling us about a festival nearby, and giving directions. Enjoyed the breakfast with both hot and cold selections. There are some minor repairs that need to be done , but overall a nice clean place and convenient location to all restaurants and shopping.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you so very much for writing your review about your stay with us. Your opinion is very important to all of us at the hotel. Please make sure to stay with us again when travelling back to the Tamarac area and always let us know how we are doing and how we can better serve you.

Thank you and we hope to see you again.
Los Angeles, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Checked in, asked for a room on the top floor...the room clerk answered with a warm, friendly smile and found one...the free breakfast was really good, and the food was always replenished....always hot, coffee was fresh....it was a terrific experience.

Room Tip: many top floor rooms have a view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jerryhenry
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. We have been working very had to improve our hotel and customer service. I am so happy you experienced both while a guest of ours. I do hope you will stay with us again when you return to our area.
Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We made a reservation for this hotel via phone a few months ago. My fiance and I are traveling with family for the weekend of July 26-29th. The rate was supposed to be $59.99 plus tax each night. Upon arrival there were two women at the front desk. One was helping someone else so we waited for the other who initially said her system was down. I checked us in using our joint card but wasn't required to sign anything. We took our keys for room #107 and went to the room. We were very tired from traveling so I didn't think about the check in receipt until Saturday while we were out. To my surprise we were charged $236, $150, $135, and $67. That's insane!! We reserved and checked in for one room and the bill shouldn't be that much. So my fiance and I make our way to the front desk to inquire about these strange charges. A woman named Vea or Vee began to tell us it was impossible that they charged that much, it was my bank's fault and blamed a lady named Teresa... Of course she wasn't there. I then asked about the check in document and she showed me a paper with someone else's signature. I was floored!!!!!! What is going on here. My fiance tried to speak to here while I was the phone with the bank but this Vea or Vee was rude and said "well it's her card, I'm not going to speak to you" We have a joint card lady! Her tone and attitude was really nasty for no good reason. My bank informed me, this hotel charged us once yesterday and three times today. I didn't present my card to them today so that was really weird. I was also told the charges were authorizations and holding available credit. Meanwhile the front desk clerk is trying to call Teresa and tell me they have no record of these authorizations. How is that possible? My bank couldn't remove them without the merchant code and approval code. Also no more than one could be removed per day. Vae or Vee was not helpful and short with my fiance. The customer service in this establishment is lacking to say the least! In the end, I asked for a contact to the corporate office and a name. I was given a phone number without a contact. I'm sure there's a district manager but the lady was unwilling to give that info to me. I do not recommend this hotel and we will not come back. I'll be sure to post more this week after contacting the corporate office.

One good thing about this place are the beds.

Natacha & Justin

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Wannatravelmur
I am so sorry you had such a terrible experience while a guest at our hotel. That is the opposite of what we strive for at our hotel and I can only apologize. I do not remember speaking with anyone regarding a billing issue similar to the one you have mentioned and can only again apologize if I was misrepresented. Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of your experience while at our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Comfort Inn
#70 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 37 reviews
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades Cruise Port
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauder...
#58 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 stars 609 reviews
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!