“Really Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
Los Angeles, Ca.
“Really Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Checked in, asked for a room on the top floor...the room clerk answered with a warm, friendly smile and found one...the free breakfast was really good, and the food was always replenished....always hot, coffee was fresh....it was a terrific experience.

Room Tip: many top floor rooms have a view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jerryhenry
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. We have been working very had to improve our hotel and customer service. I am so happy you experienced both while a guest of ours. I do hope you will stay with us again when you return to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We made a reservation for this hotel via phone a few months ago. My fiance and I are traveling with family for the weekend of July 26-29th. The rate was supposed to be $59.99 plus tax each night. Upon arrival there were two women at the front desk. One was helping someone else so we waited for the other who initially said her system was down. I checked us in using our joint card but wasn't required to sign anything. We took our keys for room #107 and went to the room. We were very tired from traveling so I didn't think about the check in receipt until Saturday while we were out. To my surprise we were charged $236, $150, $135, and $67. That's insane!! We reserved and checked in for one room and the bill shouldn't be that much. So my fiance and I make our way to the front desk to inquire about these strange charges. A woman named Vea or Vee began to tell us it was impossible that they charged that much, it was my bank's fault and blamed a lady named Teresa... Of course she wasn't there. I then asked about the check in document and she showed me a paper with someone else's signature. I was floored!!!!!! What is going on here. My fiance tried to speak to here while I was the phone with the bank but this Vea or Vee was rude and said "well it's her card, I'm not going to speak to you" We have a joint card lady! Her tone and attitude was really nasty for no good reason. My bank informed me, this hotel charged us once yesterday and three times today. I didn't present my card to them today so that was really weird. I was also told the charges were authorizations and holding available credit. Meanwhile the front desk clerk is trying to call Teresa and tell me they have no record of these authorizations. How is that possible? My bank couldn't remove them without the merchant code and approval code. Also no more than one could be removed per day. Vae or Vee was not helpful and short with my fiance. The customer service in this establishment is lacking to say the least! In the end, I asked for a contact to the corporate office and a name. I was given a phone number without a contact. I'm sure there's a district manager but the lady was unwilling to give that info to me. I do not recommend this hotel and we will not come back. I'll be sure to post more this week after contacting the corporate office.

One good thing about this place are the beds.

Natacha & Justin

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Wannatravelmur
I am so sorry you had such a terrible experience while a guest at our hotel. That is the opposite of what we strive for at our hotel and I can only apologize. I do not remember speaking with anyone regarding a billing issue similar to the one you have mentioned and can only again apologize if I was misrepresented. Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of your experience while at our hotel.
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Loved the big open rooms! Complete with fridge , micro , small sink, and nice open area with sofa. The breakfast was very good with hot and cold selections. Only minor glitch was at check in they said they didn't have the exact room that we had reserved on line. After a bit of "back and forth" she finally found us the room we wanted. It did have a broken glass on the TV cabinet which the 2 front desk girls came by and put a piece of tape on it. Don't ask! Lol! However did give us an apology goody bag which we enjoyed!! All and all a nice overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of your experience while a guest at our hotel. I am sorry you had a issue with the room , but I am also happy to hear our staff tried to immediately fix it and apologized.

Its always great to hear directly from guests and I can only hope you will allow us to be of service to you again should you travel to our area.
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I really loved staying here! Very clean rooms, excellent staff service and an amazing location make this hotel a great place to stay. The pool is very clean and calm, and the gym is just perfect.
The breakfast is very varied, but sadly that is the only meal they offer. Thankfully it is very close to different kinds of stores and restaurants where you can eat and shop. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: First floor rooms maybe have a little bit of noise from the entrance and front desk
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
We have been working very hard on our hotel renovations and making our guests experience an even better one. I am so very happy you experienced that and then took the time to write about it.

I do hope you will continue to be a guest of ours should you travel back to our area.

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing.
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I came in one night when every hotel in south florida was booked, well except this one. I basically had no choice. There was someone yelling in the lobby when i got there, so it wasn't a first good impression. The staff was "ok" if that. Basic room cost me 170.93 per night. I am a young military guy traveling while on leave, so this pretty much broke me. I checked in at 1am and left at 12pm. So i basically paid 170 dollars for 11 hours of sleep. Will not go back, too expensive!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
Seffner, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stay here often while I am working in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. My company is based in Tampa. We are often called to work in the vicinity of the hotel at a moments notice. When I get to the hotel desk I almost always arrive without reservation or advanced notice of any kind. Yet Nicole always gets me and my co-worker rooms when we show up. She always recognizes me as a long-time ChoicePriveleges member and rewards me with popcorn, candy and water from behind the desk. I stayed at this hotel several times during the Month of May and was lucky enough to have Nicole behind the desk each time. She is an exemplary employee and an asset to the hotel. Thanks, Gary

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was not greeted as I entered the hotel, but when the clerk came around behind the desk, I was greeted with a hello, checking I'm. I handed her my confirmation and was told it was not necessary, only my name. Check out was bait more friendly. Breakfast was good, but watch the waffles, the irons were not working properly. All aside a lot better than my previous stay at Quality Inn Sawgrass in Plantation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Comfort Inn
4.0 of 5 stars 30 reviews
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades Cruise Port
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauder...
#57 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 stars 601 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!