WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Comfort Suites Sawgrass

Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
Sorrento, Florida
“clean room at a decent price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We only stayed one night here. The staff seemed friendly. Not a fancy hotel but, for a night or two- the price was right. Generous breakfast bar- again nothing extravagent but, certainly enough to get us going in the morning. Has a workout room and pool.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 311. It was clean & a generous size. The only downfall is that it backs up t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank S_FamilyFLA
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our property. We are always working hard to try to improve our hotel and service for our guests. I do hope you will continue to stay with us when you travel to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Portsmouth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I recently stayed here 18 Jan-20 Jan 2013 when visiting my folks, since it was about two miles from their place.
Upon checking in had room keys problems, that the confused front desk couldn't figure out. That was the last time I had eye contact, or a glimpse of a smile from them, or any other worker in this hotel.
Each time I approached the desk, whether to ask directions, to inquire of a toiletry(there is a note in the room to ask for one if you forgot yours) I was met with unfriendliness, abrupt answers and the worse offender... the scowling overnight lady. She had a cruel look to her, think an 1880's English prison matron, I expected to be locked in solitary by her.
Overall, the free breakfast was bland, no meats or potatoes, and seemed as though made several days before.The room was fair to good, with an old TV, a loud AC, but a king size bed.
The two good things about the property? across the street is a gas station with lots of out of town papers, with the fellow there quite engaging, and the real gem..... about 1/2 mile away a wonderful liquor store run by An Indian gentleman from the the Islands! His collection of spirits is wonderful, and offers tastes! If going to Tamarac, or Coral Springs research first, or perhaps the general manager can introduce customer service to her unhappy staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie S
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was affordable. I had no trouble checking in and my room was spacious and clean. The breakfast in the morning is always warm and tastes fresh. When I left to the mall and caemback, my room was cleaned and nothing had been taken, unlike some past hotel experiences.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Worcester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Suites during first business trip to Coral Springs so wasn't sure of the correct location to be in. The hotel was OK - clean room, bathroom etc and the stay friendly. The only bar/restaurant nearby is Cheddars, which is ok for a quick beer and burger. Other than that there is little else around. If you want to be closer to more bars and restaurants then you need to be on Universal Drive, closer to The Walk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of our property. I do hope you will stay with us again when you travel back to our area.
Poughkeepsie, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I always read reviews before booking a hotel so I was surprised by all the good reviews when my stay was not. I would say the only good thing about my stay was the comfortable bed and pillows. Was I given the last room on the floor? It had to be. The lobby was beautiful but my room looked so run down. The door was all scratched up as if an animal clawed at it. The air conditioning was so noisy, I had to shut if off. The grout in the bathroom was black and wallpaper was peeling. The shower handle was so loose, it was hard to keep it in place to take a hot shower. Breakfast was not too bad, but not enough choices in my opinion. I've stayed in many Comfort Suites before, but this one was the worst. I was only there for one night due to coming here for a funeral and I knew I would not be the room for too long so I dealt with it. But if I ever have to come this way again, I know I will not be staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I must first apologize for any inconvience you experienced while a guest at our hotel but at the same time I also feel the need to inquire as to what room you were in. You seemed to have had many issues in one room for one night that It has caused much concern for me. We have been working very hard to renovate our rooms so our guests are happy with their stay and I am so sorry you did not experience that. I will say that I do hope you will choose to give us another opportunity to be of service to you should you travel to our area again.

Thank you so much for taking the time out to let us know how we are doing.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites and Mainstay Suites for a few days in October. I found out they were under new management and undergoing renovations to their property. The rooms were newly renovated and very clean and comfortable. The hallways had new carpeting and newly painted walls. I saw staff cleaning the carpets and common areas on a daily basis. The day I checked-in they were finsihing the flooring in the laundry room (Comfort Suites) and it looked great when it was done. They were uprooting old trees and putting new ones. The renovated hotel looks great and the staff were exceptional - they were very friendly and always wanted to help. This property should have a four and a half star rating if not five based on recent reviews. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you , thank you, for not only recognizing all of our hard work and efforts to make your stay a great one, but especially for taking the time out to let us know that. We will always be working hard to continue to improve our hotel to make your stay with us as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I can only hope that you will always allow us to be of service to you should you travel back to our area in the future.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff and management greeted our group upon arrival Their attention, courtesy, and assistance with our needs made this trip very enjoyable. A first-class staff, with smiles to match!!
Definitely will stay at this property upon traveling to Ft. Lauderdale again.
Special Thanks to Sharmain Moore for going the extra mile to ensure all accomodations were correct!

Room Tip: Hotel far enough from street to keep the quiteness of the room at a maximum at night when resting an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TheresaC876, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We loved having your group at our hotel. We felt very privileged to have you as our guest . I am so happy that everyone had a great time and noticed how special our staff is. Sharmain has been with our hotel for quite some time and definately is an exceptional individual.

Thank you so much for taking the time out to let everyone know how we are doing. We can only hope to be able to be of service to you again should you travel back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#79 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!