“dissappointing Comfort Suites” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
upstate NY
“dissappointing Comfort Suites”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I usually find Comfort Suites to be top of the line in their class. Unfortunately this is one of the worst I have stayed at. The rooms need remodeling, furniture is old and dirty, pool was not heated and hot tub not working properly. The lamp even had a light bulb missing. On the plus side the mattress and pillows were good, lobby nice and breakfast average.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hfdad
TheresaC876, Manager at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I also wanted to make you aware that we have recently renovated our rooms, changed management, are in the process of redoing the pool ( will be done in a few days) and are hoping you will be back in the area to give us another chance to show you how many improvements we have made. I really do hope you will give us another change to be of service to you should you travel to the Tamarac area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

Came down from Central FLA to visit my nephew and stayed here a few days as its five minutes away. Currently renovating but a musty smell in hallways, slow elevator with outdated service certificate, peeling wallpaper etc. No alarm clock in room and a charge for the safe. Should be much cleaner for $90 plus a night.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vampire_Jedi
I am responding to you in the hopes that you will give us another chance to be of servcie to you should you travel to our area again. We have renovated our guest rooms, fixed the elevator and the pool area is just about completed. Management has changed and staff has been reminded that the guest is our first priority. I would love for you to stay here again and let us know how well we are doing now.

Thank you for taking the time to keep us informed on our hotel and service.

Travelers are raving about these Tamarac hotels

Coconut Creek, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

First off I'd like to say that I am not a picky person. I don't mind if a hotel is a little bit grungy but this place took grunge to new heights. I brought my girlfriend here for here birthday and what a mistake that was. It all starts when I get my room, well my "1st" room should say. They put me in a room that's basically in the lobby right next to the maids closet, which wouldn't have been a problem if they had been busy and that was all they had available, but this in fact was not the case. I go to change my room and have to deal with major attitude at the front desk. The new room is pretty funky. There's a roach in the shower, a leaky toilet and some nice stains and burn holes on the carpets and on the curtains. We cope with it and go out for dinner. When we return from our dinner the power is out and people are roaming around in the creepy dark hallways. This is turning out to be some bad horror flick. With the elevator out of commission, we begin to walk the halls trying to make our way to the stairs so we can get to our room on the second story. As I open the door to the stairwell there are two women standing there with flashlights and a large man is laying on the stairs completely unconscious, possibly dead. I ask if he is ok and they say that an ambulance is on the way. We have to then step over this large, possibly dead man to get up to our room. What a memorable birthday, now we're havin' some fun!! Get back to the room and the power comes back on after about an hour. Next the toilet breaks and is leaking everywhere and there is no maintenance person working there so they move us to yet another room......room # 3 -- I like to call this musical rooms. So this last room that we get is the dirtiest of them all. There are dirty rags shoved behind things, even more stains and burn holes all over. There is a giant gross puddle next to the bed and a strong musty odor filled the air. At this point I just wanted some shuteye so we settled with it. When checking out I would have demanded a refund but I couldn't even stand being there any longer and dealing with the incompetent rude staff. I'll take this as a lesson learned. I'm sure I'm leaving some stuff out here but this should paint a pretty good picture for everyone. NEVER go to this hotel !!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in a different hotel.....
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank racoonontheloose
SharmainSales, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Sawgrass, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Comfort Suites Sawgrass: NEWLY RENOVATED suites with modern style furniture, painted walls, carpeting and a beautiful decor, we invite all to experience Value service, All Suites,
Comfort and our great location!!! We aim making our guest stay an enjoyable one, and we welcome all suggestions so we can improve and make our guest stay an enjoyable and relaxing stay,. We truly apologize that you were unsatisfied and felt that the hotel did not live up to your satisfaction. At the same time, we also appreciate your comments because information we receive from you about your stay, at our hotel can help improve and maintain quality service..

Thank you for stay!!!
Your Comfort Suites Awaits!!
Phoenix
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

The front desk employee was very nice, and the lobby is decent. When we went into the interior hallways, it smelled like mold. Fortunately, our room was clean and smelled good. We had a suite which was roomy but walls needed to be painted and the ceiling had a large crack that was beginning to open up. Thank goodness I had no problems with bugs!! The complimentary breakfast was a nice spread; waffles, eggs, assorted breads, cereals, sausages, gravy, milk, juices, coffee and oatmeal. A small business center is available. I brought my own computer (they do have internet access in the rooms), but wanted to print my boarding pass. Their computers are very slow. If the owners of this place would stop being cheap and put money into the maintenance of the rooms, it would get better reviews. The area is nice (close to stores and shopping) so its unfortunate that don't want to maintain the place.

Room Tip: Our room was number 401
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank speters1930
We always want to Provide our guest the finest hotel accommodation at the most competitive and relaxing atmosphere. We want to apologize that your were unsatified and felt that the hotel did not live up to your satisfaction. At the same time , we also appreciated your comments because information we receive from you about your stay, at our hotel can help us improve and maintain quality services.

We would like to thank you for staying with us, you are valuvable guest and wish to see you again.

Your Comfort Suites Await,

Sharmain.
Palm Bay, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

My children were sleeping and they woke up screaming and we ran over to them and there were tiny red bed bugs all over the bed and a roach on the pillow!!! My kids got bit by the bed bugs as well. The hotel would not do anything for us! They wanted us to go to the room next door. We are still fighting for our money back a month later, it was our worst nightmare!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank johnslilhobit
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anybody. To start when we arrived tired after a long flight and day the shower wouldn't work properly... For our surprise there were no cold water?! Never heard that before! But it was almost impossible to have a shower as the water was so hot! I complained and they said they couldn't do anything as there was no available room. After that and the almost scalding shower I went to bed and guess what... Not only there were hair in my bed but also ants... Oh Yuky... Soooo disgusting... I complained again and they said all they could do is giving me some new linen so I could change it (that was the first time in my whole life I change a whole bed set in a proper hotel), no housekeeper was working at that time. Next day after the basic breaky I complained again at the reception about the shower and a bulb missing and over 12 hs later when I returned nothing was done. Had to complain again and one of the Staff called Kevin was great and for the first time somebody really tried to help (however he came to the room o show me I can't use the shower properly?!) and of course he realize the shower was broken and as no room was available again he would change as the next day (one more almost scalding shower). Then we change room for the last day bit too late to think anything good about this place. Resuming very dirty place, they don't check the appliance in the room (the fridge was freezing everything) and staff not very helpful.

• Stayed April 2011
Orlando Fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

I stayed here once before and the room had a funny smell, but I stayed. I thought I'd try this hotel again for my second trip and am SO sorry I came here. I orginally booked for three days but am leavng after the first night because it has been a very annoying expereince. Last night I came in at 11:00 after working all day. I had checked in earlier and left. I should have checked the room closer before I left. The refrigerator was broken, the phone was dead, and 2 out of the three drawers were broken and couldln't even open. The room just seemed dirty. So...I went down to complain and they gave me a new room. So....I had to get all my stuff out of one room and try to get settled in another room after 11:00 at night. The clock was messed up in the new room and could not be set. But everything else worked. Then to top everything off at 5:45 am really loud voices woke me up from workers. I will not come back here. I'm going to look for a Hampton Inn which is a bit more of a drive but at this point I know staying here is not an option. I won't be coming back here. I am checking out early. Not worth all the trouble.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank dodger5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills

Been to Comfort Suites Sawgrass? Share your experiences!