“Excellent except for...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
cary illinois
“Excellent except for...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 days before a cruise because it was much cheaper than hotels closer to the cruise port and we were renting a car to enjoy the area. The hotel was excellent...location, staff, room - very comfortable bed and linens. The one thing that was less than excellent was the hot food served for the complimentary breakfast. I'm guessing it was pre-packaged and heated in the microwave. But this was minor for us - we made do with toasted bagels and fruit. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank goingmoreplaces

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been coming here several times a year for the last 3 years. We even rented 5 rooms for a family event. The front staff is truly there to make sure you are taken care of. The Manager is very friendly and the rooms are always clean. The front staff is truly there to make sure you are taken care of. They want you to come back...and take pride in what they do. I appreciate the selection of bedroom pillows and the HDTV. It's conveniently located near the Turnpike in Western Ft. Lauderdale/Tamarac area. I get up earlier than usual as I want to make those belgian waffles and spread peanut butter on them for breakfast!

Room Tip: You can get a refrigerator in a room if you ask with your reservation.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sterling, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip, and was pleased with the hotel. My room was extremely clean, and the bed was very comfy! (My only complaint about the room is that it was too plain, too white, too square, and kind of reminded me of a hospital room, moreso than any other hotel I've stayed in). The lobby was very nice & had fun, comfortable seating. You can tell it was recently remodeled. Breakfast is included with your stay and was fresh each morning. The hotel is conveniently located right next to on ramps for the south & north turnpikes, and you can take commercial drive straight all the way to the beach. The hotel was convenient for where we were working, but if you were visiting for a vacation I'd try to stay closer to the beach, since there isn't much around the hotel in terms of things to do or restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Saint Cloud, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here five nights this past week. I found it to be well maintained clean and comfortable. I stayed in room 333 which is handicap accessible and at the far end of the hall on the third floor. At first I was not sure if I would like it or not but come to find this room location provided a nice quiet stay. The bathroom has a shower that allows easy wheelchair access. There were a couple of minor bumps during my stay one was my fault the other the hotels fault. When traveling we all underhand that minor problems will arise. It's how the issues that arise are handled. In both cases of my 'issues' I can say the hotel responded in such a manner that I came away with a more positive impression of Hampton. The morning breakfast is more than enough to satisfy your morning meal....if not and you have a craving there is a 'Krispy Kreme' donut shop right next door. There is Publix grocery store just down the street. There are restaurants nearby but none that I feel can easily be walked to. The only reason I do not give the hotel the highest rating is because of the location. It's located on a very busy street tucked in against the turnpike. A little to much traffic for me but other than that a wonderful place to stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
juanita l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd., responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hampton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Juanita Landreneau
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here on business and had three nights of WONDERFUL sleep on a very comfortable bed. The guest rooms and common areas are very clean and well-maintained with nice lighting and modern decor. Our room was spacious and well-furnished, including a sofa and refrigerator. The clock radio has a white noise feature with a few sound options, which I really appreciated! Breakfast is served in a nook of the lobby each morning until about 10 am and includes cereal, yogurt, fruit, pastries, toast, bagels, oatmeal, eggs, waffles, juices, and sausage or ham. I would definitely return to this property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms, which is what was most important to us as we didn't intend to be in the room except to sleep and get cleaned up.

There are comments elsewhere that the hotel is "in the hood." That's just not true. The neighborhood is fine and I had zero safety concerns. Although this hotel is 7-8 miles from the beach, it's a 10 minute straight shot to get there, and you can't beat the value.

My only real complaint was the complimentary breakfast, which I found to be pretty poor. On the whole, though, I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Kudos to the management and staff for what they have done to this Hampton. I have stayed there previously, but this time I was literally blown away when I entered the lobby and saw the new look. It's contemporary and fresh, and oh so perfect. I mistakenly thought the rooms had all been refurbished as well, apparently my impression of newness spilled over into the bedrooms. The staff, as usual, couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. I travel frequenlty . . . too bad I cannot take this Hampton with me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Comfort Inn
#78 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 stars 178 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.

Property: Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
Address: 4499 W Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL 33319-3398
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Tamarac
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd. Hotel Tamarac