“My most recent Hampton stay”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
Chicago, Illinois
“My most recent Hampton stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Kudos to the management and staff for what they have done to this Hampton. I have stayed there previously, but this time I was literally blown away when I entered the lobby and saw the new look. It's contemporary and fresh, and oh so perfect. I mistakenly thought the rooms had all been refurbished as well, apparently my impression of newness spilled over into the bedrooms. The staff, as usual, couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. I travel frequenlty . . . too bad I cannot take this Hampton with me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Excelent hotel, renewed rooms, confortable e clean beds. Excellent breakfast. The reception team were very kind and allows me a early check in, which was very, very helpful. Very good option if you are planning to visit the Sawgrass mall, around 10 minutes driving.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

My family and i stayed at this hotel. The entire staff exceeded my expectations on all levels.

They were very friendly and breakfast was great. Even the housekeepers would greet you in the hallway with a smile.

THe next timei am back in the area i will definately stay at this hotel

Ft. Pierce
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times and are always pleased! Love the way the new lobby and breakfast room looks, cookies the best. Staff top notch. Our favorite place to stay when attending Miami Dolphin games!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed here Friday, Nov 16, 2012 pre-cruise. We had planned to stay at the Hampton Inn closer to Sawgrass Mills mall, however their price was $45 higher per night than this hotel. This hotel is probably 6-7 miles from the mall. It is in a very industrial part of town. There is a small strip mall within walking distance with a new Marshalls department store and a grocery store for pre-cruise items. There is also a new Krispy Kreme donut shop right next to the hotel. This hotel has the same bathrooms vanity of older Hampton Inn - not the "piece of furniture" vanity that the newest Hampton's have, but all the other amenities were the same as newer Hamptons. New flat screen TV, new bedding, and remodeled lobby and breakfast area. We very much enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were very clean and well kept. We stayed on the first floor and it was very quiet. Very nice outdoor pool and jacuzzi. You are also located on a Commercial BLVD which is a heavily traveled road. If you walk or run in the morning there are great wide sidewalks for miles either way. If you want to go to a Target or Walmart there are both within 2-3 miles of the hotel.

1 Thank retire17
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

For ten years, I have stay at Hampton Inns all over the country and never encountered such a rude clerk. This morning I approached the desk to inquire about changing rooms and "Armie" I believe his name tag said went about texting on his cell phone for a minute or two without ever acknowledging me. No one else was in the lobby and I was right in from of him 4 feet away.

The hotel is an average Hampton Inn, decent rooms except for the queen beds which are VERY FIRM. The local neighborhood is rather run down with no restaurants worth the risk of walking to.

My third complaint is that the maintenance man puts food out for all the local stray cats. There are at least 3-4 cats that hang out around the pool side entrance and I watched the employee put food for them on 2-3 occasions during my 3 day stay. Cats are fine pets but I don't want them crawling around on my car with their muddy walking on the street paws!

I won't return, this Hampton Inn is one of only three that I will not return to in the future.

Room Tip: Spend an extra $20 and stay at one of the other two Hampton Inns nearby. This one is NOT up to what...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ok4568
juanita l, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd., responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback. A warm welcome and friendly smile is something every guest should receive when they come to our front desk. I've addressed your comments with our staff so that this does not continue to happen. I'm also looking into your remarks about our staff feeding stray cats. Our first concern is the comfort and safety of our guests so we appreciate you letting us know. If you have any other comments or suggestions, please feel free to share them with us.

Warm regards,
Juanita Landreneau
Bonn, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was staying in this Hampton hotel for 2 nights during a stopover in Florida, as I was looking for a place to stay near Sawgrass Mills Mall.
The rooms are a bit aged, but are spacious and have everything you need. Beds were great, free WiFi is included. Rooms and also pool area etc. a very clean.
Hampton also offers complimentary breakfast, which is ok but not too spectacular (but offering free yoghurt, fruit, juice etc.).
A doughnut place is directly next to the hotel, stores (e.g. Publixx, Walgreens) are located within walking distance.

Only disadvantage was that my room was towards the main road and you could hear some noise from the road during the night, plus the A/C seemed a bit aged and was rattling a lot - I would recommend to ask for a room on the other side of the corridor.
Other than this I can definitely recommend this Hampton hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#16 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,343 reviews
Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/Cypress Creek
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale North/...
#39 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.

Property: Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
Address: 4499 W. Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33319
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Tamarac
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd. Hotel Tamarac