“So not worth it ...run!!!!”

Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
“So not worth it ...run!!!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Worst customer Service.AC was broken and they didnt fix it right away,was in the hot room for the night an had to call again for it to be fix in the morning an front desk wasnt even sincer or seem to care,my kids was burning! And i couodnt sleep. How much is this crap a week? $600! This is high way robbery for this this falling apart roach motel.the paint in the bathroom tub have rust stains in them,ewww.the cabinets was broken,the sheets had burn stains on them,this is not humane.They ethier need to lower the price or stop being cheap and upgrade everything .most uncomfortable stay ever.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Amber S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Andros
Reviewed April 27, 2014

To keep it short:
Dirty Room (pens, bottle caps and a ton of dust under the beds, old blood on one of the pillows)
Non-existing service (the staff at reception almost treat you like you are a bug)
Disgusting breakfast ( you cant really call it breakfast, and you have to get your coffe early, they only make it one time)
Too expensive (compare with other hotels, yourself)
Kitchen? (Dont call it a kitchen, remember to bring your own service, old fridge - very noisy)

Don't live up to what they promise, when you book it.

Only good thing is the location, if you drive around in a car and need to shop.

Room Tip: get a corner room on second floor, if possible. You have to be lucky, because you cant book it befor...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lauderhill, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The room was filthy. There was trash on the floor it smelled of cigarettes. The room was supposedly non smoking. The bathroom was disgusting. Dried suds an the walls and shower curtain. The bottom of the tub was black. There was hair in toilet and in the bed sheets. The bed sheets had mold and rust stains. The comforter had cigarette holes. Overall I did not enjoy my stay and will NEVER be retuning to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the odors and the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Your feedback is very important to us. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly at, fld2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Tamarac, Florida
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I can only speak highly of this hotel for both value and service. From the management, through reservations, housekeeping, and maintenance staff, all were friendly, welcoming, and efficient. It was clean, comfortable, and quiet, with full facility kitchen, FREE wi-fi, and all amenities supplied.
As I was in the process of relocating, which can be disheartening and discouraging at times, it was important to me that the hotel ‘felt like home’ . . . and there were times when I was so happy to get back to my ‘home-from-home’ room.
I wasn’t sure how I would feel about the external walkways, but found them quieter than internal corridors, where one hears everyone else coming and going at all times of the day and night. The walkways are kept spotlessly pressure-cleaned, and over look tidy and well maintained landscaped parking areas.
All in all, I have enjoyed my stay at Extended Stay America, Tamarac (previously Homestead Suites) and would recommend it to anyone for short or long-term stays.
Thank you.

Room Tip: I found my upstairs room on the west side light, bright, and quiet, with very pleasant landscape vie...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Anthony – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
miramar
Reviewed April 13, 2014

the managers Shaneka and Tahelia and staff are very professional and welcoming they made sure that i was comfortable. The cleaning staff does an excellent job on making sure that the rooms are clean properly, i would recommend this hotel to everyone, its in close proximity to everywhere you would want to go the beaches, the mall, its just awesome,,, this hotel is a wonderful place to bring your family or just to relax.

Room Tip: its an awesome affordable place to stay...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. It's wonderful to hear that our housekeeping staff did an excellent job providing a clean room for you as well as our staff being professional and welcoming during your stay. We are very pleased to know that you will recommend everyone to our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Carol City, Florida
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

It was very clean and quiet. Nice and friendly staff. A full kitchen. Free wi-fi ( something I ALWAYS look for). Only thing I didn't like was they have an ice try in freezer fir you to fill. No ice machine at this location, therefore no ice bucket. But it's centrally located so it was ok. Flanigan's on next block. Walgreens and CVS both literally across the street and both 24 hrs. Plaza with Krispy Kreme doughnuts, Publix, dollar tree and several other type stores and that's just that plaza across the street. Would go again!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank auni67
Nanjing, China
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I read all the reviews, but this hotel seemed the best value for money. I was WRONG, just spend the extra money necessary to go to a nicer place. I booked and paid in advance online - BIG MISTAKE!!! At first glance, the property seems okay but looks can be deceiving.

The POSITIVES

Shanelle at the front desk was friendly and very helpful.

The mattress was comfortable.

The NEGATIVES

Everything in the bathroom was old. The pipes need to be changed, the bathtub grout had mildew. The towels need to be thrown away immediately (we just bought towels to use while there).

The kitchen cabinets were literally falling apart. There were roaches.

I found hair in the bed that didn't belong to me. The "comforter" on the bed was more a sheet.

The carpet was so filthy I was afraid to step on it without shoes on. In fact, I was afraid to stand anywhere barefoot, that does include the bathtub. I put a towel down in the tub, just so I could shower.

The wifi is piss-poor. It was slow, if you used your own phone as a hotspot, it would be faster. The wifi was also constantly dropping.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lexi8504
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#68 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tam...
#108 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
#75 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Universal Palms Hotel
Universal Palms Hotel
#83 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac? Share your experiences!