“Don't have people over or try to cook. Enjoy your 20" 16yr old tv” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac

You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3873 West Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac, FL 33309 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% TODAY!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
In Yo Head
“Don't have people over or try to cook. Enjoy your 20" 16yr old tv”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Kitchen- 1 plate, 2 glasses, 2 saucers, 1 bowl. 2 butter knives, 3 forks, 4 spoons. 2 small pots.
Rooms Dont look like the pictures. mine has no chairs or desks or love seats, basically the bed and 2 stools from the kitchen. My 60yr old parents had no where to sit.
Tv- about a 20 inch made in 1997- i looked on the back. THATS 16 YEARS OLD. nice. i bought a 32 inch from the store and returned it when i left.
Most rooms with 1 bed are king size, there's are queen.
Cable channels are what you'd expect from the cheap motels- 24 channels with showtime.
Read the other reviews for info on charges for clean towels and rooms.
Internet is free, but slow unless you upgrade for a fee.
They do allow dogs, for $25 a day

OH AND MY FAVORITE PART, there was a pair of weighing scales in the cabinet with suspicious residue on it. Check out the picture. i disposed of it immediatly, i wish there staff could avoid leaving felony's in the rooms before i stay.
The price good, although i dont know about the valule.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ben R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you have a car, and want to be in a convenient location, have a kitchen and prepare your breakfast before heading out, this is your place.
Comfortable beds and quiet, plenty of parking spaces (which is free). Internet speed was ok. Staff at front desk is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed here before, the only complaint I have is that I had booked a king size bed in a non-smoking room and when we arrived they did not have any for us. They offered a queen size non smoking instead, she said I had requested a smoking room. I pointed out to her that I had printed our my confirmation and it said non-smoking. I don't understand why we pay for something then they do not keep that kind of room for you. By the rates on their site at the moment there should be a discount of 5$ a day between a king size and a queen room, non were offered. So what is the purpose of pre-booking if they do not honor what you book.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was going to stay for 3 weeks, but bathroom was in a deplorable condition and cleanliness wasn't a strong point.
Besides, for a 3 weeks stay the room service was inexistent: you had to pay an extra $15 (yes, $15) to have towels and bed made up everyday! Even the toilet paper would fit in this $15 deal, not to say soap or shampoo.

So, my impression and the reason I left before the end of the 3 weeks was because I felt like I had been scammed. If I added the extra $15 on top on the daily rate it wouldn't be my first choice at all.
It had a kitchen... If that's what you need, pots, pans and dishes, better bring in the detergent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
Secaucus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

this is a very pleasant, clean and friendly location. I stay here often because i work in the area and they make it very comfortable. Carli the front desk receptionist is always very helpful and friendly to me. I would highly recommend this convenient location to anyone coming to the area.

Room Tip: non smoking rooms are the best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property.
Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

It took us a while to check in because there were several other people already waiting. Although we arrived a little earlier than the check-in time, it was no problem to get our room. :) The room itself was OK. There was a little kitchenette with some basic kitchen supplies: pots and pans, etc.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad to hear our amenities such as our kitchens in every room were convenient. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Punta Gorda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed here twice and this is probably the best value in Tamarac and the most affordable. The staff is great, the rooms are simple. They do have a kitchen so that is nice. Also the way the hotel is set up it is very quiet even though it is right on the main Commercial Blvd. My only complaint would be the housekeeping/maintenance which can be hit or miss - a little more attention to detail in that area and I would give this place 5 stars. The first time I stayed in a room in the 200 block and the housekeeping was fine but the TV was not working. The second time I stayed I was in room 312 and there was a hole where it looked like someone hit the wall that needs to be patched up. Also it was obvious the carpet had not been vacuumed and the floor in the kitchen could have been swept and mopped up better. The comforters needed to be replaced as there were cigarette burn holes and stains on it. The bathroom had a few strands of hair here and there. Having some extra blankets or pillows in the closet would also be helpful and maybe upgrading to the flat screen televisions. Also I stayed only one night each time I stayed so note that if you stay longer they do not have daily housekeeping service. I would stay here again but I would probably ask to switch rooms next time if the housekeeping/maintenance was not up to par.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond.
We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#95 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 stars 345 reviews
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tam...
#109 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
3.0 of 5 stars 253 reviews
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#76 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 stars 177 reviews
Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way
Extended Stay America - Fort Lau...
#82 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 stars 163 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac? Share your experiences!