Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Tamarac
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed in a king suite, very nice room with very comfy bed. Hot breakfast was a great surprise, lots of variety, yummy waffles and coffee. Pool was also very nice except it didn't get good sun until later in the day. All in all though I would highly recommend the Hampton!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Deb S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I want to thank you for your kind review of the Hampton Inn & Suites - Sawgrass / Tamarac. I am so happy you had a great stay with us.

I see that it has been a while since you have been here and we would love to see you back again.

Deb Saccavino

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Good complementary breakfast. Close to sawgrass mills and BB&T center. Nice pool. Spacious rooms. Mattress wasn't as comfy as I remember at all the other Hampton Inns I've stayed at. Showers are roomy.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

This particular Hampton Inn is a newer hotel with ample parking easy access and in a good safe location.

The room was quiet and the decor was up to date. I will return when I'm in town!

The front desk staff is friendly and professional.

• Stayed: December 2012
Joshua M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for your review. I'll pass along your positive feedback to our EXCELLENT front desk staff. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites for our son's hockey tournament this past weekend. The sales staff were great to deal with as were everyone at the hotel. It is not easy to accommodate 43 kids and parents but these folks did a great job. They were also helpful in assisting us to organize shuttles to the malls and restaurant plans etc.

While the free breakfast was appreciated the crowds (Thanksgiving weekend) hovering around the toaster and waffle-maker made it a less than comfortable option each morning.

A nice choice for what we needed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. It was truly a pleasure having your team stay with us. Hands down your party was one of the most well behaved group of hockey players I've ever encountered. We hope to be able to accomodate your lodging needs again in the future.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Me and my wife stayed here over Thanksgiving weekend and I would definitely stay again if I'm in the fort lauderdale area. The room was very spacious and I loved the flat screen tv. While I was here I felt very safe and comfortable. I like the fact that even though our room wasn't being cleaned one day they still left towels near our door. The cookies at the front desk were delicious (if you were lucky to get one before they were all gone). The bathroom was clean. I liked the fact that the sink was outside the bathroom.

While the hotel was perfect in my eyes, there were some things that can be improved upon. Allowing guests to pick what time they want their room cleaned would be good, some guest leave early, some leave late. Please put in more towels, 3 towels for 2 guests is not enough. Please change the ironing board cover--I had to put a towel over the board because it was dirty in addition to the iron.

All in all, we had a great time and great stay at the Hampton Inn.

P.S. I never seen a refrigerator and microwave that clean before!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the rear of the building--you'll be treated to a view of the outdoor pool a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bmoney007

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. I absolutely LOVE your suggestion about allowing guests to choose a window of time in which there room is serviced. Although we will always honor a time request if it is voiced we will consider proactively asking our guests what time they prefer to have their room serviced in order to best meet the specific needs of each guest.

Thank you for letting us know about the ironing board cover. Your feedback has prompted a thorough inspection of each iron and ironing board to determine which ones need to be refreshed. It is this type of feedback that allows us to maintain the high level of quality adn service we strive to provide.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nice enough, but nothing special. Staff weren't particularly friendly and the complimentary breakfast was so so. I can't say anything bad about it, but I can't say anything particularly good about it although the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Joshua M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. As hospitality professionals we appreciate feedback of all kinds, both good and bad. Our goal is to deliver a top notch experience to each one of our guests. Unfortunately we missed the mark during your stay and for that I am truly sorry. I am glad that you enjoyed our comfortable beds but apologize that our staff did not treat you with the high level of hospitality that we are known for. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience if you would like to discuss the specifics of your stay in more detail. We will use your feedback as a training topic to help us improve upon the guest experience for future guests. Next time you are in town I hope you will give us the opportunity to recover from your initial mediocre experience and allow us to show you the high level of hospitality we are capable of. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I choose this hotel because I needed a hotel close to the airport. This was the best chose we made. Fantastic breakfast,they even had the best omelettes I have ever had! Very clean rooms, Friendly and attentive staff. Gerard gave us excellent directions to great places to eat and attractions, even wrote them down for us! Best hotel I have ever stayed, will be on my list to stay again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MaryPoteet

Deb Saccavino

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamarac
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac? Share your experiences!