“awesome flavor, passion for great food, fun atmosphere”
Review of Fat Noodle - CLOSED

Fat Noodle
Reviewed August 9, 2016

Awesome flavor: chef Aniwat has combined his Thai roots and training in various restaurants in the US in a great concept. His passion for food is clear. Fresh ingredients with slow cooked meat - short ribs and beef brisket - with delicious noodles, yummy noodles, playful presentation. Fun atmosphere: nice modern styled eat bar where you can see how your food is being prepared. Great for business lunch or date night, even take out!

Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

Waited and watched people who arrived after us get served and check out before we received food. Only four couples were in the restaurant when we arrived just after it opened for lunch but the waitress told us they were busy when we inquired after 40 minutes of waiting. My husband was served and almost finished his noodle bowl before I was served. Had to just have them box it up after taking a few bites since it was a work lunch and it had been an hour by then. Waitress never asked what drinks we wanted and just served us water. She avoided us after we asked about the status of our order. My food wasn't good. So disappointed I downloaded this app to write the review.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

So, I lived in Japan for 7 years and I KNOW my ramen. I have been to so many places in the states that say "ramen" but they don't even have the right noodles. (Sigh). So my expectations we low from the get go. We arrived at 11:30 a.m. To beat the rush and my friend had an appointment following our lunch. We walked it and there were two counters, we selected a seat facing the kitchen, I was pleasantly surprised to find the hook under the counter for my purse. Kudos! There is always a hook or cubbyhole under the counter in Japan. I ordered regular miso ramen, but the menu had many tempting choices. It had juicy delicious pork (belly) and the noodles were authentic maybe not as aldente as I prefer, but hey, this is as good as it gets in this part of the country. I would give it an A, the miso tasted more beefy than miso or it would have been an A+. I'll be returning and bringing different friends each time I go.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

It's a little cramped and we had to wait a bit, but it was worth it!! Hot beef broth soup with noodles and veggies, so good!

Reviewed March 24, 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff, convenient to downtown and wonderful tasty food! Beautifully plated. My only complaint was the sesting. Hard metal stools...makes for a short stay. Will go again anyway!