“Sleep tight don't let the silverfish bite.”
Review of The Regency Inn

and 1 more site!
The Regency Inn
Ranked #48 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Lake Jackson, Texas
“Sleep tight don't let the silverfish bite.”
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Upon entering you are engulfed in a moldy smell. This smell consisted of dirt, bugs, and fielth. This room should be no more than $20 or free. Be sure to put toliet paper down on the seat because when you get past the bathroom smell you realize its all the old pee on the seat underneath. We didn't find bedbugs but while looking we found a family of fat silverfish enjoying a previous guest Cheeto bag by our headboard. Steer clear of the towels they had a sticky material probably snot or another personal biproduct.

• Stayed August 2012
GHTallahassee, Guest Relations Manager at The Regency Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest,
We feel sorry for the short comings that we’ve had during your stay. Our customer service would’ve been very willing to render assistance if we reported those issues at that time. We will make sure that everything that you’ve mentioned will be covered on our regular meeting to improve what needs to be improved. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Haverhill
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have never written a review but felt the need to because this was the worst place I have ever, ever, stayed . If you read the review from Auntie WInter 4, she didn't experience what I did. We just spent $315.00 for two nights to sleep in a room that was filthy. The tub had mold and cracked ceiling. The TV was +/- 20 years old and snowy picture. Single cup coffee maker was grimy. Towels were torn and frayed. Wouldn't walk on rug or bathroom floor without shoes. They gave soap, no conditioner. We would have gone somewhere else had it not been graduation week. Breakfast was equally bad. Can it get any worse than watered down OJ.

Room Tip: Find another facility! My husband and I don't need a lot but this place you should RUN, RUN, RU...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ipswich24
GHTallahassee, Guest Relations Manager at The Regency Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking some time in making this feedback. We also feel sorry that you had shortcomings during your stay here at Guest House Inn. We admit that we sometimes have flaws and our customer service staff is always there to render assistance to cater the needs of our customers. We assure you that this will be discussed during our regular meeting. We are hoping that you will still choose to stay with us on your future trips.
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband stayed here for 3 weeks, and I visited. The staff was always friendly, however my husband noted if you had any issues, they would have to wait until the morning and mid afternoon when the owner/manager was present. I noticed that the cleaning staff was always fast and efficient, leaving enough toiletries, toilet paper, and towels. My husband's biggest complaint was the high speed internet was not always dependable, or available and on thursdays at 1:00 a.m. the garbage trucks woke him up. The continental breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, cold cereal, milk, coffee, make your own mini waffles, & pastries. I enjoyed the lodge like feel and smell (like a cedar closet)of the main building, with it's porch and rocking chairs-very nice. Guests were separated enough that we did not hear the other guests. It is near I-10 (2 blks) and near many restaurants.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AuntieWinter4
GHTallahassee, Guest Relations Manager at The Regency Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for pointing out all the things that we need to improve. We are happy that you appreciate our service. This will serve as a motivation for us to do more and to give more. We will make an action about the things that affects your experience with us. We are looking forward to serving you again. Thank you so much for the feedback.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My family was treated horribly by the staff of this hotel. They were extremely unhelpful and uninterested in making any effort to make the stay pleasant. When I asked to speak to the owner of the hotel he proceeded to scream at me over the phone. At one point, one of our friends that was visiting us at the hotel was harassed by the owners son. Worst experience I've had in a hotel!! Management is awful!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Ron S
GHTallahassee, Guest Relations Manager at The Regency Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending some time in making this review. We really apologize for the inconveniences that you’ve experienced during you stay. Our main goal in GuestHouse Inn is to deliver an outstanding customer service to our valued customers. We really do appreciate your feedback and this will be taken as a constructive criticism for us to further improve our services. All of your concerns are important to us and we are currently discussing these on our regular meetings. Rest assured that on your next stay in GuestHouse Inn will be great and we will show you the standard that we stand behind. Thank you so much.
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2011

It takes a great deal to make me angry enough to write a negative review, but what promised to be a wonderful weekend with family and friends was almost ruined not once, but twice, but the management and staff of this poorly run hotel.
We have been staying at the Cabot Lodge since 1995, so when the hotel changed management we were anxious to try the hotel under the new name, Guesthouse. We even convinced our friends to change their hotel from the Marriot Courtyard, which was a huge mistake because in doing so, we ruined their hotel experience as well.
Shortly after checking in, my husband ran out to buy a few items. My son, who is a college student in Tallahassee, was trying to find our room, but since my husband's car was not there, he was having a difficult time locating our room number, as the rooms are spread out on two levels. I told him it was by the pool, so he walked up to the pool level to see if he could find our room. At the same time, he called me to get directions. That is how I came to hear the whole exchange between my son and an employee of the hotel. He challenged my son by saying ,"What are you doing here? This is private property and I can have you thrown out." My son said he was looking for his parents' room and the guy clearly didn't believe him and said he was going to call someone to have him removed from the property. The exchange was ugly and completely unwarranted.
The next day, I mentioned it to the manager, who said he already knew about it. He said the employee, who may have been his son, called and said he merely said, "Excuse me, may I help you" and my son became belligerent. I shared that he said no such thing and I knew that because I was on the phone with my son at the time and heard the entire exchange. He replied that the employee was concerned that my son was going to touch the door to the room that he had just painted.
The whole thing made no sense. I don't understand why my son was challenged and I certainly don't understand why management didn't apologize to us as soon as the incident was reported. My son even phoned the manager to share that he was treated disrespectfully and it was completely unjustified. The manager proceeded to tell him about the freshly painted door and the concern that he would mess up the paint.
The hotel advertises free wifi. The wifi in our room did not work. I called the desk and the man on duty told me that it was working just fine in the office. I shared that I was not in the office. He said he just worked the desk and would have to call the owner and call me back. He never did.
My friends paid for 2 queen size beds and received double beds. It appeared we were the only ones at the hotel, so there is no reason why they could not be given the type of room they paid for.
This hotel has the worst customer service I've ever encounter. However, if freshly painted doors is what you are looking for, this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Gale T
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay. Your voice is a lot important to us. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that you have experienced. We do not expect this to happen and this case will be taken seriously. At the moment, we are conducting meetings to all the staffs who failed to perform a good customer service. We will be giving probable sanctions to whoever failed. We are also conducting additional trainings to all our employees to improve our customer service and to serve you in the best way we could. Hopefully, you are still going to stay with us on your next vacation.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2011

You will not get any sleep in this sorry excuse for a hotel. There are a ton of foreignors that live here, and we were so lucky to get put in a room right in the middle of them. The front desk is mostly ran by americans, but it is owned by foreignors. They party ALL night long and it VERY annoying. But who do you complain to when it is the owners' family. The a/c unit does not come even close to cooling the room. It would come on for about 5 minutes and shut off, and no matter what you put it on, it will not come back on for about an hour. The front desk guy said it was becuase they were "energy efficient" units. That's BS. It was broke and they don't want to fix it. Don't get lured in from expedia claiming it's a 2.5 star hotel on their unpublished rate. There's a reason this one is unpublished.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ms_C1984
GHTallahassee, Guest Relations Manager at The Regency Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our main goal is to value our customers by providing comfortable accommodations as well as the best services possible. We apologize for this unexpected incident. We are currently working on improving our facilities in order for us to cater to our guests the services that you deserve. This feedback was noted and served as a constructive criticism for us to identify the areas for us to improve. Thank you.
Key West, Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2011

When the person who took the reservation refused to give us her name, we should have seen that as a Harbinger for things to come. We asked in advance and received permission to check out at noon on Sunday (we were out of the room by 11:45). But on Sunday the manager said he would never allow that and charged us an additional day. Minutes later a belligerent housekeeper pounded on the door unleashing a vicious verbal assault upon my wife. The room itself was a little musty and a toad hopped across my wife’s bare foot as she prepared to lie down. After I cornered the toad and released it outside, she was able to calm down… eventually. I liked the location but the rest…. Major unaccountability issues. Stay away.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Buck42
We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that you had during your stay. No one expected this to happen and this is a real challenge. At this point in time, we are currently discussing these issues and accountabilities to those staff members who failed to display the customer service values that we always expect from them. We are also working hard to improve our services so that no other customers will experience that same thing you did. Despite this incident, we still hope to see you again in the near future and we appreciate your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallahassee
Candlewood Suites Tallahassee
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
#19 of 58 in Tallahassee
Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10

Been to The Regency Inn? Share your experiences!