“Good value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Birmingham, United States
“Good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great value overall. The facility is due for an over haul, but the facility as it sits is *very* well kept and the staff *very* helpful. Breakfast was very good, and made to order at request. Eating area size is a bit limited but it was not a problem with our visit

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear James B,

Thank you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We do expect renovations in 2014. In the meantime, we strive to keep our property exceptionally clean and well kept, in addition to our always helpful staff. I'm so glad your stay was good and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Cheryl Horne, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were on our way to Disney, staff was absolutely helpful. We were running very late, we called, checked in via the phone. They had everything ready when we walked in. We were in our rooms within 5 minutes. With tired kids, it was great. They made it easy to get in, sleep, eat and enjoy; and then continue on our trip. Would stay again.

Dear Brian C,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn and taking the time to review our hotel. We aim to please and are so happy your experience here was a "great stay." I'm glad everything went smoothly. We look forward to your next visit!

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

The room was large & clean, but I was stunned to find that they charged $9.95/person for what is almost always a complimentary breakfast at other hotels. This is the first Hilton hotel (or other chain) that I've stayed at in 20 years that expected you to pay for the simple breakfast of a few eggs, potatoes, and bacon. After $200/night for the room, one would expect a little better customer service in the morning. I will continue to use Hilton, but will avoid this hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Raymond M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you found the room clean and spacious. I'm sorry you were dissatisfied with the price of our extensive breakfast buffet. It is a standard for any Hilton Garden Inn, so I apologize if you were not informed. I hope you choose to give us another try.

Franklin NC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

great place to stay - staff was over the top - facilities were fresh and sparkling - very accommodating - the location is great to reach all parts of the city - near great places to eat - convenient to Interstate 10

Dear Lawrence C,

Thank you for your review of our property and staff. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. I'm glad your stay with us was enjoyable and the location was convenient . I hope you stay with us again the next time you travel to Tallahassee!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Although we are Honors members this was our first stay in a Hilton Garden Inn. The room was clean and very comfortable. Great location and easy to find. the staff was friendly and very helpful. Great night's sleep on a nice bed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Peggy M.,

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I'm glad your stay with us was a good one. We always strive to make our guests feel at home. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Not what I expected of a Hilton family line of hotels. The king bed we had was really hard and it did sag in the middle even when turned all the way down. I see others had issues - with the same type form letter responses from Cheryl Horne about the beds being raved about and assume that will be her response to mine as well. Are we all getting the same bed and it is just not being repaired? Does make me wonder.
I was awakened during the night by a bent screen to our window obviously damaged. Next morning I reported my dissatisfaction of the bed and reported the screen as well the the front desk clerk only to discover 7 hours later when I returned it had not been repaired and still making the loud noise when the wind blew. Called the front desk and was told "luckily my maintenance man had not left for the day." Luckily??? Really? Again let another smiling face know my displeasure. Where was the 100% guarantee to make this right and my stay a pleasant one? Where was a call from a manager on duty?
Everyone working there will smile from ear to ear at you and yes they all seem very nice but beyond that, don't expect much more from them if you have an issue. Very disappointed in this Hilton Garden Inn. 14-15 nov 2013

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Beartravel143,
I am extremely sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your stay! We would like to offer you a complimentary stay at our hotel the next time you travel to Tallahassee. We acknowledge that there were unresolved issues during your stay and apologize for that.
I will mail your certificate to you, should you have any other questions or concerns, please contact me at 850-329-9024.
Cheryl Horne-Director of Sales
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Our first room had the air break. We were told 2x it was being fixed after the first night of our stay. we arrived back to our room after midnight on the second night after attending a wedding and the problem was not fixed. They did then change our room-but annoyed it was like 1am! They made no apologies and no comps were given.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
I am extremely sorry to hear your air unit wasn’t working. I have spoken with our staff and we have removed the charges for the last night you stayed with us. You should see a credit, back to your credit card. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you travel to Tallahassee.
Again my sincere apologizes!
Cheryl Horne-Director of Sales