Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Rodeway Inn(Tallahassee)
View Hotel
All reviewsthomasville roadbreakfast staffgreat hotelclean hotelnice roomdefinitely stay here againfront desk staffconvenient locationcookieslobbyhgiaccommodationsfsumattressrefrigeratorcapital
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We spent the night in Tallahassee for a family gathering. The hotel was okay. The room was clean. It seems to be an older hotel that will need updating sometime soon. I could stay here again. It was very convenient to the I-10 and to the area I was doing business. The heating/air system needs to be checked.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear MrsKKFL,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. I appreciate your candor as we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and want you to know that our guestroom appearance and comfort are areas we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share and hope you will return to stay with us in the future.

Cheryl Horne-Director of Sales

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The best thing this hotel has going for it is the staff. They were excellent! I was disappointed in the quality of the rooms. They were rather run down for a Hilton - furniture in suite showed dirt and wear - room smelled musty - pillows were well worn and beds were hard. Had to run the fan at night to drown out noise from other rooms (i.e., baby crying, tv noise, etc.). The staff was very accommodating, though, and tried to make our stay as comfortable as possible. They honored the Hilton guarantee and comped our one night stay. Would like to see Hilton update this hotel so it meets the same quality as the staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear LindaM,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us in Tallahassee. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guestroom. We will take your comments on the look and feel of our rooms under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We've also personally thanked our staff for showing you the hospitality we pride ourselves in. I hope you will come visit us again should your travels bring you back to the area in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, 3/1-3/3/2013. The lobby is bright, clean and inviting and the person at the desk who greeted us, Marlena, was wonderful. She was friendly and we were checked in quickly, she even granted our request for a specific floor, to be near family. We were welcomed with warm cookies, which my 3 year old loved.
The hotel is very clean, and they have a nice business center (small but efficient) and comfortable seating in the lobby. Hot coffee and tea is available in the lobby all day and night, ane they have a small grab and go with snacks and drinks.
This hotel does not offer a free continental breakfast, they offer a very nice buffet for 9.95 a person. They have room service nightly from 5-9pm, which is a nice treat. The food we got from room service was way above expectation. It was wonderful! Beautiful salads with house made balsamic and croutons and a great burger! I wish they offered breakfast room service, but as of now, only dinner.
The only minor complaint I have about the rooms: the lighting is awful! There are no dimmers, and the lights are bright and annoying. Also, there is no lighting above the microwave/refrig. area, which is frustrating in the morning when trying to make coffee. The beds are only so/so as far as comfort. They were very clean and fresh, but not super comfy, too hard for my taste. That would not stop me from staying again. It's a very nice place to stay.

Dear ACR37,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review! I will be sure to pass along the kind words regarding our staff. I am so pleased you enjoyed our room service, our Chef does an awesome job. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Everything was great. Reached the hotel in the middle of the night, yet the person at the front desk took extra effort to ensure that we got what we needed. Breakfast was great and the staff in the breakfast counter were "awesome", especially a lady named Ms.Taylor Witheril (I typically do not write reviews mentioning specific names but this time I am going to do that as she took such a real good care of us). The stay was pleasant and I would stay there again next time I visit Tallahassee.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Crugo,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! I will be sure to pass along the kind words regarding our staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great location and great staff. But not the typical home away from home, cozy Hilton Garden Inn. Lobby was very plain white sterile decoration, no comfortable furniture, no place to sit and relax, and no real bar area. Very limited food menu for dinner. Very limited food for breakfast you had to get your own coffee from the lobby!

I typically drink Diet Coke but the hotel was out of Diet Coke for three days! So I had to find coffee. And by find coffee I mean I had to search for it not asked for it.

On the positive, there are many great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: Because of its location the hotel is a little tricky to drive into, you have to do a couple of U-turns be sure you have a Google map when you get there.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear JosephL,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I will be sure to pass along the kind words regarding our staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again!