“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Galway, Ireland
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I spent a few days in this hotel in late April. It's location is excellent and it has plenty of parking. I was there on holiday visiting friends and I was transported everywhere by them. Just a word to anyone else from Europe, you will absolutely need a car. Like most places in the US outside the largest cities public transport is virtually non existent. The hotel however caters for everything else. It has a small outdoor swmming pool and jacuzzi. Breakfast is available every morning until about 10am. It is very good and the staff are friendly. They have just about everything you require except for those of us who like sausages. The bed was huge and very, very comfortable. Both the bedroom and the public areas were impeccably clean. The room was cleaned every day and if you required a linen change this was available anytime. It is done every third day in any event. I cannot speak too highly of the staff. They were attentive to every request and for first time visitors like ourselves they went out of their way to recommend local beauty spots and places of interest. Our room was very quiet and the aircondioning was not too noisy. The price was moderate I thought and If I return to Tallahassee I will certainly be booking into this hotel again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joses1947
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Joses1947,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We enjoyed having you stay with us. Sorry, we were out of sausages on the buffet during your stay, as we normally have them everyday. We hope you stay with us again, when you return to Tallahassee. If you need me for anything you can contact me at cheryl.horne@hilton.com or call 850-3329-9024.

Cheryl hore-Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
St George Island, FL
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have stayed here several times when staying overnight in Tallahassee and it has always been great. Service, cleariness and staff are perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Southeast Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2012

As HGI properties go, this location is conveniently located near I-10, FSU, and all nearby areas.

The lobby is appealing upon entry. I visited the restaurant for breakfast each day of my stay, where I can happily say that service in every area was top notch!

The hallways of the hotel were bright and as it happened, the last King Bed available was the elevator room. Although I was feet away from that elevator, it did not make a sound and I did not hear the 'ding' in room 211. The view was non-existent. I'll include a few photos of the satellite dishes and rooftop. You had great privacy from that window view.

The room itself was clean, and the bed very comfortable. The AC was an old wall unit that did NOT blow on the bed directly, which made for comfortable sleep. It was a tad noisy but not overtly so.

My tongue in cheek reference in the title was regarding the formica covered bathroom door. Seriously..Formica? Yep, and covered from top to bottom. It did not match the overall decor of the room and tipped the feeling towards 'cheap', which was not the impression from all other aspects of the property. The bathroom itself was a tub shower and all fixtures were in working order. If a refit opportunity presented itself to this property, I vote for a glass enclosed stand up shower and a painted wooden bathroom door to improve the decor and functionality :-)

The front desk personnel were also highly polite and efficient in their work. I had no problems in either check in or out.

Summarizing, I will definitely stay here again, and do recommend the property to other guests.

Room Tip: Room 211 is ok, but very close to the elevator. People tend to be chatty while waiting for the car t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank VisitedNewPlaces
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We just spent one night here and it was comfortable and clean. A little pricey, but nice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is a great hotel, with a wonderful staff, who were always courteous, professional, and helpful. Rooms are very nice and clean, close to just about everything!!

Room Tip: I had a King suite....beautiful room, and had a sleep by number bed !!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Malloryann,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your good comments about our staff, they are the best!Please dont hesitate to contact me at 850-329-9024, if there is anything I can do. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Best Regards,
Cheryl Horne-DOS
Minnetonka, MN
Reviewed March 3, 2012

They welcome you and make you feel at home even though you're away from your family on business. The service is great. The rooms are clean. The breakfast is fine, I usually eat the continental breakfast. I recommend this hotel if you're in the area.

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed February 19, 2012

The staff was very courteous and friendly, the room was neat and clean, and included a refrigerator and microwave. The Motel is a bit hard to find as it is set back behind other buildings. There is also a rear access to the parking lot that gives good freeway access, but again is a bit hard to find. Breakfast was typical for a HGI. The onsite gym is very sparse, but they do offer free guest access to a nearby Gold’s Gym, which they neglected to mention at check in so if you like to work out be sure to ask about Gold’s access. TV selection was mediocre, but internet was fast enough to stream on line content.

Room Tip: I would look for a room on the south side over the pool. There are some heat pump motors that made t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cheryl H, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am so delighted you enjoyed your time with us. We do strive to give excellant customer service and a clean comfortable room. I am very sorry you had a time trying to locate us, I have made some changes to our directions on our web-site to make it easier. Also, I am so glad you took advantage of our partership with Gold's Gym. Please contact me if you need anything @850-329-9024

We cant wait to have you back again!

Best Regards,