“Avoid at All Costs Travelers!!!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #32 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
United States, US
Reviewed April 22, 2006

I had my dog with me so they refused to lease a non-smoking room to me. I would have paid more. I was only there 10 minutes and checked out. They charged me anyways $71.30. CAN YOU SPELL RIPOFF!!! The room reeked of smoke like someone smoked in there for 50 years. My dog had watery eyes after 10 minutes. The shower was old looking, the sink was cracked, the ac wasnt even on so they are so poor they have to turn off ac until someone rents the room, lol. It was hot!!! Just avoid this hotel. If cheap is your style, then this is for you.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 21, 2006

We arrived at Sleep Inn in Tallahassee after a long day of traveling. There were 3 of us, so we had to pay more. I asked for a smoking room, since I like to be able to have a cigarette or two at night. The grounds were very wooded and quiet, and we felt safe because we had to enter to our room from the inner front desk area.

Our room smelled like 50 people had chainsmoked in it the night before. Even though I smoke, I could not stand it. We returned to the front desk and asked for another room, which we received but it was not much better.

The room was very average. We paid over $100 for three people, but there were towels for two people. In the morning as we discovered this when wanting to take showers, we called the front desk and requested more towels for the additional person we paid extra for. We were told to come to the front desk and get them ourselves!

The complimentary breakfast was pretty good, although there was a waffle machine and each person had to pour their own cup of batter into it and make their own. There was also fruit.

My opinion is that being told we needed to get our own towels overshadowed anything good I could try to say about this hotel. They obviously don't care if people are satisfied or if they return. And they definitely need to purchase some carpet deoderizer and air freshener for the smoking rooms.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank TravelerfromMichigan1
Rochester, NY
Reviewed December 17, 2005

Very poor customer relations. They play hardball with customers. Booked room on Oct 21 to escape hurricane Wilma. Car broke down and had to stay put. Made me pay full room charge. Will make a mental and written note to myself to never do business with them.

Stayed: October 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 16, 2004

Having walked out of the Microtel (see my review of the Microtel), I drove over to the Tallahassee Sleep Inn. The best thing I can say about this hotel is the front desk clerk was a lovely man (a student) who tried his darndest to find a quiet nonsmoking room for me. To the best of my knowledge, this is not a very old hotel. I have stayed here once before. It is very, very run down. Unlike the other reviewer, I did not pay too much, because I used the roomsaver discount book -- so my rate was only $40. However, the sheets were dirty -- black marks on one pillow and horrid stains on the sheets on both beds. The sink was dirty, as was the shower.The bathroom mirror needed resilvering -- there were large chunks of mirror missing. Also light fixture covers that had been removed exposing bare light bulbs. I mentioned it to the gal at the front desk in the morning. She apologized and said that was unusual. I think not. In Tallahassee, you get what you pay for -- there's a reason these hotels are so cheap -- they are not kept up. Next time I will book based on tripadvisor's popularity index.

Furthermore, the continental breakfast was the worst I've ever seen -- orange juice, bagels (but no butter), coffee, but no cream -- just the powdered stuff that will kill you -- and only two tables plus two straight chairs in the lobby. Horrid.

• Stayed: November 2004
4  Thank teecatin
Clearwater, FL
Reviewed September 30, 2004

In all the places we stayed while on our vacation of 31 days this room was the most expensive, was the smallest, and had less amenities. ALL other motels or hotels where we stayed had a larger rooms, coffee pot, microwave, and refrigerator. This room did not have these things. With all other things being equal I just can't see a justification for charging 30% to 40% more. In one location during our trip there was a Day's Inn only a block away with the same quality and all the amenities mentioned above for only $44.95 versus your charge of $70 without the amenities. For these reasons I will NOT be staying in another Sleep Inn every again... UNLESS your company can bring itself to change. In the future I will check the room before I commit.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member