“Not like other sleep inns that I have stayed at”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The rooms were smaller and older than other sleep inns. I have two young children and the room only had a shower no bathtub to bath them. The sheet on the bed was torn and cigarette burns on them. The sink was clogged and wouldn't drain. The whole experience was awful. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jecwoods
sam p, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I had a queen room non smoking. Room is small like a Microtel room. I travel alone and was very comfortable. Internet was very fast as I have a lot of paperwork to upload. It did keep dropping in and out but when it worked it was fast. My room was clean and smelled nice. No complaints on the room at all. Breakfast was alittle small. Waffle, sausage links, breads and cereals. Eggs or biscuits and it would have been great. I booked online and saved a bunch. When I checked out I had a balance which should not happen when you book online. They were trying to charge me for safe usage fee. She said they charge everyone and only take it off if someone says something about it. That seems kinda shady to me. Very nice place but that is dirty business with hidden fees. How many people pay and never see that bs charge. Hated giving a high rating to a place that has a practice like this but the place and location were good.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Zdivers

Dear Guest,

As for the safe fee, the fee is disclosed at check in and we are able to remove it anytime during your stay as well as check out. I'm sorry that you were unaware of the fee but I'm glad to see it removed upon your request.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We love the renovations in this hotel. It is very modern and inviting. The rooms are clean and fresh. Staff is friendly and breakfast was great. Pool was closed but it was very cold anyways. We were told it would be open in march. This was a nice place we found and we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Max D
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your kind comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was the only place available for FSU Homecoming that I could afford. $399/night is ridiculous for hotels to charge in Tallahassee elsewhere. I don't even pay that in NYC. I paid $149/night at the Sleep Inn. For that rate, I have to say I was really disappointed. Sheets were torn and stained. Towels were torn. Even told front desk about towels and it sure didn't seem like it was out of the norm and no apology. Just sat it to the side. Room smelled funny. Wallpaper peeling off the wall. Walls are REALLY thin - could hear people casually talking in next room and heard people walking around upstairs ALL night. Just generally not too great and not very clean. But, I know this is a high rate because of the homecoming weekend. It served its purpose but I cannot recommend this hotel. It's certainly better than a lot of other cheaper options so if you have to find somewhere to stay, this is okay. But certainly do not expect much. ******ALSO -- CHECK YOUR BILL!!! They charge extras here like a safe fee they sneak in your bill. I've asked twice to have it removed and am still waiting for it to be removed from my credit card. Little sneaky charges like that really burn me and most travelers so it pays to really read your invoice at check out!!!

Room Tip: If you like to listen to everyone walk around upstairs, then go for a downstairs room. Otherwise, re...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Florida r
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend. Rooms are very small but cleanliness was ok. Would return if the other hotels are booked again.. Staff as friendly and did everything they could to please us. . Paid $65 for each room which I thought was reasonable but again rooms are very small. May not accommodate children's with 2 adults.

Room Tip: Good price comparably but make sure you do not mind a very small room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 208GaryF
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed here after a Friday night high school football game (didn't feel like driving back to Jax that late). I wasn't expecting a lot, but was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were small, but very nice and the staff was very friendly. Complimentary breakfast was the normal - waffles, yogurts, breads, etc. I noticed a couple of restaurants close by and this hotel is very convenient to I-10. I liked how the hotel was tucked away from the main road. My only complaint is that the ice machine on the first floor was broken, but I just went and used the one on the second floor. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheryl O
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I visited Tallahassee for a Florida State football game and stayed at the Sleep Inn. The accommodations were average at best, but it was the nickel and diming and lack of customer service that is truly disappointing.

They charge a $25 per night pet fee which I thought I had avoided when I dropped my dog off at a local kennel, Pet Paradise for the weekend. On the morning we checked out I picked up my dog from the kennel and returned to grab our bags from the hotel and hit the road. I walked him to the room to pick up our bags and then waited by the lobby doors for the rest of my group to leave. At that time nobody at the hotel mentioned anything to me about a fee.

They called us after we left and told us they were charging us $25. FOR WHAT???

They continuously referenced a pet policy and said their hands were tied. NOT TRUE. Any hotel can add or deduct charges as they wish. The front desk manager, Michelle, told me I'd have to talk to her GM since she could not reverse the charge.

I've CALLED 4 TIMES over the span of a month and the GM Sheila has yet to pick up the phone or call me back. I guess they just assume since hey have our CC info they can recklessly charge us.

Stay at the Sleep Inn at your own risk. Who knows what extra charges they'll add on.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MicahK11
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear MichaK11,

I am disappointed to read your review and would like to clarify some issues with you. As you are aware, a $25 pet fee was mentioned when you made your reservation. At check in, you mentioned that your pet would not be at the hotel. Upon check out, your pet was observed in your room and in the lobby by the Front Desk Manager. Unfortunately, we cannot police how long and where pets are kept during guest stays. As for your comments regarding Sheila and Michelle, I was informed that you had talked to them several times and they have reiterated our policy to you and the actual guest in the room, Chris.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with our pet policy and took that to be a reflection of our customer service.